Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    We have had female members in the past with no issues and the one currently in our club has been a boater for the past 6 or 7 years and this year she is allowing her husband to be the boater this time. She and her high school son now go as on-boaters. Laura fished the B.A.S.S women's circuit until it folded as a pro and has no problem competing with the male members of the club.

We need to unite and make a stand. I mean, I have no problem with Lea or Deb fishing for catfish from the bank. But out of a boat? It just gotta' be stopped before it gets completely outa' hand.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

3. Member
    My wife fish's with me on occaision and has caught our winning fish a couple times. There are a couple women who use to fish the AZ federations. I dont know if they still do.

4. Member
    We have one female... my wife. The first time out the guys weren't so sure of her skills and thought she'd be throwing a snoopy rod. Needless to say, that didn't happen. She finished 4th in her first tournament with the club and has placed in the money several times throughout her tourney days. She's the best co-angler I've ever had and can flip and pitch better than most...has also bested me from the rear of our boat numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by dar845 View Post
    Pam Martin Wells, Donna Bilbrey, Debra Hengst, Kim Bain-Moore, a few I can think of. Both Pam and Kim qualified and fished the Classic
    And they still could out fish most of the people trashing woman's ability to fish

6. Member
    I fished with a female partner for two years when my club was starting. She was pretty tough, I jerked hooks out of her at her request on two occasions. We placed well, won a few, lost many. I remember her first tournament on the Potomac, it was March, cold, and 15 inch minimum. She caught three that were barely legal and wanted to throw them back, because she thought the guys would make fun of her fish. I wouldn't let her. She won that day.
    She would make me beach the boat and she would walk "at least 100 feet" into the brush to take a leak so as not to pollute the water. When she was gone, I'd just pump the bilge over the stern. She ended up marrying another woman and having a "miracle" baby. So it goes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123