Thread: Used motors

Used motors

I don't know if this is the right place for this or not. I am looking for a used 200 optimax, and would like to find a boat shop that deals in used motors, that would possibly take mine on trade, or at least be able to put the new motor on. I have looked through the sponsors page, and can't find a 200. If anyone can provide me with any place to check, please feel free to post, or pm me. If any dealers happen to see this, and know of a motor, please pm me. Also if anyone has words of wisdom on buying a used motor especially an optimax, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Member
    I don't know how far you is from Jaco's Marine in Tnn ....but they do a lot of trade in on new motors . My gave them a holler .

3. Member
    I actually called them, but they said that they didn't have any used motors. I've been trying to check C&O regularly, they look like they have a pretty good supply of used motors. I'm looking to stay under 10k roughly. If anyone out there happens to come across one please let me know. If anyone knows of other leads or places to try, it would be much appreciated.

Call Lee Sanderson at Sanderson Marine in Chester, VA. I got a smoking deal on a 225 Pro XS from him. He is a reputable guy and if he tells you he has a good used motor you can trust him.

5. Member
    Will do, thanks!