Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    So you're saying don't use the standard transducer that comes with the 7612? Did you have early access to these unreleased units?

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    So you're saying don't use the standard transducer that comes with the 7612? Did you have early access to these unreleased units?
    No need to worry about the transducer in the box because none of the 7600's come with a transducer. Garmin has way too many options on transducers for hulls to put in the box. Other than the echomaps a transducer needs to be bought separate according to your application. It just makes sense as your application might be different than a saltwater fisherman.
    Special thanks to my sponsors- Team Daiwa, Garmin Electronics, Gill Technical Fishing, Bass Magnet Lures, and Upper Canada Marine.

3. Member
    If you're asking me, no sir. I was referring the Lowrance units. With the Garmin 7600 series what I have heard is Garmin did a great job with the GT50 and GT51 transducers. I also heard that even Airmar was caught off guard by the technology Garmin used (combining CHIRP 2D/Down/SideVu in one unit). But I have also heard that if you fish very deep the set up is to go with an Airmar transducer and use the Garmin Side/DownVu. Please notice that I am saying "I heard".

I have not seen any of these units in person at all. I have a couple coming. I am hoping Scuirus gets some and he can run the Garmin transducers through the paces to see if they really are what they say they are.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgripper View Post
    No need to worry about the transducer in the box because none of the 7600's come with a transducer. Garmin has way too many options on transducers for hulls to put in the box. Other than the echomaps a transducer needs to be bought separate according to your application. It just makes sense as your application might be different than a saltwater fisherman.
    Thats strange cause I was told the 7612 comes with an all in 1 transducer. It's in the pic. Maybe I misunderstood When I mentioned armor she said sure you can but there's no need

All I need is the best option for 0-60 ft, a shoot through hull for high speed 2d and a gps puck with heading sensor. I simply want to replicate what I have now with humminbird. I'll add weather and audio as well. Then I get to figure out how to put 3 transducers on the trolling motor
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 02-23-2015 at 06:43 PM.

5. Member
    I've never had a Garmin unit come with a transducer. My current 1040xs didn't. Like Hawgripper said, their market is huge, mostly saltwater so they let you pick what you need.

6. Banned
    As long as it fits under my hole shot plate unlike the lowrance one, I'm good

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    As long as it fits under my hole shot plate unlike the lowrance one, I'm good
    heres a link for you to find your transducer.

at the end just pick a transom mount as the through hull are more geared to the offshore guys.

http://www8.garmin.com/transducers/
    Special thanks to my sponsors- Team Daiwa, Garmin Electronics, Gill Technical Fishing, Bass Magnet Lures, and Upper Canada Marine.

8. Member
    Troy they told me that the ducers were alacarte too - I was at the booth so long I think I spoke to all the guys... I just wanted some alone time with the electronics - sick...

9. Banned
    thanks. im sure i misunderstood. sorry for high jacking the thread

10. Member
    It's seems as most of you don't care that much about sounder performance so I'm not going to bother you much in the future. I may drop by to post a few screen shots showing the performance the sounders are capable of when using the correct transducer for the application.

11. Banned
    Maybe you could list the correct transducers for each application for us?

12. Member
    Clearly he saw his information was not appreciated, it would surprise me if he posts any of the information he's gathering on his own time using his high end equipment that he paid for.

Hopefully he's above that and we didn't just shoot ourselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Diel11 View Post
    I've never had a Garmin unit come with a transducer. My current 1040xs didn't. Like Hawgripper said, their market is huge, mostly saltwater so they let you pick what you need.
    Diel11,

My 804XS came with the same Transducer that comes with my echoMap 70dv. On the 840XS you have the options.

Clearly he saw his information was not appreciated, it would surprise me if he posts any of the information he's gathering on his own time using his high end equipment that he paid for.

I'm all for sharing data but lets see real world differences that anyone can see with a "notable" difference to the human eye. Isn't that natures test to differentiate. Also, I'm not sure labeling most transducers, paraphrasing "most not very good" fits freshwater bass fishing culture that is primarily target oriented. Me I fish way more then average guy offshore but at only 40' max with most time in 20-35' of water during post spawn periods. Will bass fisherman pay approximately $1,200 for a chirp transducer to see an appreciable difference in 40' of water? I've read enough to appreciate that's seems to be the conventional wisdom to appreciate 2D Chirp technology. It works but does it fit bass fishing culture at this point in time? Are we really going to see a noticeable difference with current offerings? IMO, transducers theme is akin to bringing a Howitzer to a knife fight. No disrespect to Scuirus. It seems he's way beyond my application or fishing needs and can agree there are differences with transducers. However, how deep are your pockets? Also, I'm not debating his imperical data. I'm sure there is merit to it. Now show me the screen.
    Last edited by deepanchor; 02-25-2015 at 06:35 AM.

Relative to the GPSMAP units, you can get the 840 or 1040 units without a ducer, or packaged with the 2D/Down Vu ducer. There are separate part numbers for the ducer and for no ducer. The 7400/7600 units are not packaged with a ducer.
    Garmin Pro Team

16. Banned

id love to hear his info but he needs to dumb it down. I don't care what the wave looks like. i only care about what i see on the screen, i could care less about why it does what it does. most people dont care either. I tried to read this and it made my head hurt. I lasted about a paragraph before i gave up. semperfifishing does a great job of explaining things so anyone can understand them.

simply list the best application for each transducer. dont just say, they all suck you need this

CHIRP Sounders/Fish Finder Explained - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 02-25-2015 at 06:35 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12