Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I think I just heard a sonic boom...

Quote Originally Posted by PATRO View Post
    Thats pretty racy looking. Look how thick that cav plate is. Is that a new gearcase design to?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I do know what it is... but will behave and hold off comments on it until the release (since we're only about 6 hours out now).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Still multiple introductions ????

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Definitely multiple engine models

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Basstracker, it has a bullet cone and crescent leading edge so it has to be a new designed gearcase. We finally have a VRod that will be good for 85+! My hopes are that new HD Sportmaster will also be avail on the 350 so that you can get the HP, TQ, high rev limit and full Merc warranty (both regular and extended).
    Last edited by npark; 02-12-2015 at 07:19 AM.

7. Member
    [QUOTE=npark;5796916]Basstracker, it has a bullet cone and crescent leader edge so it has to be a new designed gearcase. We finally have a VRod that will be good for 85+! My hopes are that new HD Sportmaster will also be avail on the 350 so that you can get the HP, TQ, high rev limit and full Merc warranty (both regular and extended).[/QUOTE

Hopefully that case will be compatible with future new products 200 HP and more or possibly even the current 200 Vrod,

8. Banned
    That's a strange looking cav plate. It may have something to do with exhaust back pressure. Still waiting for bass motor, something other then verado.
    Last edited by Rich Z; 02-12-2015 at 07:51 AM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by npark View Post
    Basstracker, it has a bullet cone and crescent leading edge so it has to be a new designed gearcase. We finally have a VRod that will be good for 85+! My hopes are that new HD Sportmaster will also be avail on the 350 so that you can get the HP, TQ, high rev limit and full Merc warranty (both regular and extended).
    Hopefully that case will be compatible with future new products 200 HP and more or possibly even the current 200 Vrod,
    Would a normal Sportmaster not work for these applications? I thought I heard it was only the inline 6 VRod guys tearing up the SM, due to the huge amounts of TQ...of course I could be wrong.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Standard Sporty isn't shimmed in both directions on the propshaft.... which doesn't work well in a DTS application.

11. Member
    image.jpg How about that.. On a yellowfin bay boat too! ;)
    01' Kenner 23v - 16' 350 Vrod
    MotorGuide - Lenco - Power Pole - Garmin - Bobs Machine

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That ought to be a nice performer! I had the opportunity to run one of those with a 350 SCI... performed GREAT (though I felt like I was riding a bar stool at 70 MPH... pretty weird feeling).

That is racy lookin.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    One of the photos posted yesterday:

15. Member
    Sharp looking but can't imagine the size of the gas tank required to feed them on a round trip off shore. No matter how efficient they may be they still need adequate fuel to deliver HP.

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I would imagine, given the total HP on that hull, they would be DRIVING the fuel tank.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123