Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    $10 to ship $4 of parts this will be great for the live well though

2. Member
    I remember the old thread had specific instructions about taping the fiberglass before drilling, drilling a pilot hole first to keep the fiberglass from chipping, what size drill bits to use, etc. Are those still available anywhere? I used them to do the install on my previous boat years ago. In a different Champ now and need to do it again!

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    I remember the old thread had specific instructions about taping the fiberglass before drilling, drilling a pilot hole first to keep the fiberglass from chipping, what size drill bits to use, etc. Are those still available anywhere? I used them to do the install on my previous boat years ago. In a different Champ now and need to do it again!
    I do not remember seeing that info in the original thread. Hopefully, someone will be able to help.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrub View Post
    I had plenty of PVC aquarium airline around the house, I just jammed a piece of airline in the top of the Powerstream Aerator and extended it up out of the water. Worked just fine last season

I did the same a Charles. I think you need about a 6-8" length of airline, stuff it in the top of the powerstream so it extends up to the top of the live well with a slight bend at the top. No drilling, takes about 5 minutes if you are slow getting in the boat and opening the live well cover. Mine has been working just fine for the past 5 years. I bought the airline and I may have bought a barb as well at ACE.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

5. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrub View Post
    I had plenty of PVC aquarium airline around the house, I just jammed a piece of airline in the top of the Powerstream Aerator and extended it up out of the water. Worked just fine last season
    Don't know how I missed this! Very clever, Ed and Spider!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234