How to get to my Ranger gas Tank to replace the fuel line?

Very novice question I know, but I want to replace my fuel line and bulb feeding my Optimax from the fuel tank to the engine. I have a Ranger R72, which states that the tank is under the bench seat. Is there a simple way to remove the seat to access the line connecting to the fuel tank?

2. Member
    Found this:

The seat is bolted on to the panel from the bottom. There are six screws across the top of the panel and three across the bottom. The screw heads are covered by little pop-off caps. Remove the screws and the panel/seat assembly just lifts out to expose gas tank, etc.

Rick

3. Member
    You can go to the ranger board and ask. I'm sure someone there has taken them out before.

I am planning on doing the same to my R91. I called Ranger and I recommend you do the same. I gave them the serial number and come to find out the lady told me how to take it out and what to look out for.

5. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    I replaced the fuel line on my R-81. To take out the seat there are two screws at each lower corner of the seat. You have to pull off the insert that your back would rest on. It's velcroed in place. Get you fingers in there and pry it off. Behind each one is two screws. After removing, the seat simply lifts out. What was neat on mine is that on the bottom pan of my seat are signatures of the people that built the boat, pretty cool. Then I simply removed the fuel line, inserted a round dowel between the two hoses and taped the crap out of it for a good splice. On my R-81 there were only two electrical ties holding the hose in the engine compartment. I just cut them free and simply pulled the hose through from the engine side. Easier with two guys. Quick and simple. Make sure you get the right hose for use with ethanol. It's about $2.50 a foot. Good luck with it.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

6. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I HAVE A R82,I was having trouble with bubble.I split last inch of hose to see if any wear or deteriation on inside of my hose.not....I was sold wrong water separator. Replaced water separator and bubble was fine.

7. Member
    Anyone have pics of this? I can't anything to see it. Visual person here.

8. Member
    I was able to take the seats off today, and see both tanks, but no sending unit is visible. Surely those are not on the sides of the tank, right?