Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Motormate review....

Bought a Motormate a couple weeks ago for my 250 Pro XS and I love it. I was using the traditional transom saver that was a PITA on my Z520 since the rear trailer roller is so far under the boat. The Motormate keeps the motor rock solid and prevents it from turning. If any of you are on the fence about transom savers/motor stabilizers, I highly recommend a Motormate.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

2. Member
    I like them too.
    Champion 206
    250XB

3. Member
    I bought one for Lou that mounts between the motor and bracket, it also is powder coated to match the boat. Works and looks great. Lou does first class work.

4. Member
    Love mine as well, alot better than the traditional transom savers.
    2000 ChampioN 202
    225 Mercury EFI

I purchased one earlier this year. Should have done this before. The motor is rock solid as stated above and you don't have to use steering locks.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    I bought one for Lou that mounts between the motor and bracket, it also is powder coated to match the boat. Works and looks great. Lou does first class work.
    I second that ...got one from Lou also ...will never go back as this one my last a life time.

7. BBC SPONSOR REP
    Thanks guys for the kind words!!! We greatly appreciate it...it's always funny to watch it when someone post about Motormate....there's always someone there to try and redirect it hahaha it's allllll good!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rchavis View Post
    I second that ...got one from Lou also ...will never go back as this one my last a life time.
    Everything Lou makes is absolutely Top Notch.

9. Member
    The Motormate is great. Much better than any of the others I've had over the years.
    2003 520VX 225 Optimax

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by civicrr View Post
    The Motormate is great. Much better than any of the others I've had over the years.
    +1! Had mine almost 4 years, still works great and looks great!

11. Member
    IMHO I think this thread would be more useful if it was in the "PRODUCT REVIEW" forum. That way it would be easier for people to find. Most people new to the forums would not think to look in this Mercury-3 Liter & 3 Liter High Performance Motor forum for what is essentially a product review, according to the title.

Motormate is a top notch company and they have a great product. Have had mine for about a year and its awesome so compact and easy to throw in the truck when we launch and no more bungee cords to rot in the sun.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    IMHO I think this thread would be more useful if it was in the "PRODUCT REVIEW" forum. That way it would be easier for people to find. Most people new to the forums would not think to look in this Mercury-3 Liter & 3 Liter High Performance Motor forum for what is essentially a product review, according to the title.
    Sorry. I posted it here since it works on my Merc. so well.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

14. Member
    I received mine last week. Love it motor doesn't move anymore! Highly recommend.

15. Member
    got mine last week.. absolutely love it, I cant believe I didn't get one sooner.. motor is rock solid, and the thing fits in a storage compartment so it stays with the boat...

16. Member
    Ive heard a lot of people say the Motormate does not support like the Transome saver.. Well, I hear a lot of people putting seals in their SeaStar hydrolic steering that don't use the Motormate. I've had mine since I bought the boat and love it. 3 yrs now and no steering or transom issues.

17. Banned
    Best one made period!!!! I have tried all brands and all types!! High 5 motormate

The motor does not move, no clips to cause the seals to leak on the hyd steering.

18. Member
    I would like to know how long the tubes are on the MotorMate. I currently have a Lock-n-haul and I don't like how high it tilts my motor up. I would prefer it down, closer to the trim rods. Maybe an inch or 2 from trim rods, currently, the Lock-n-hual has it much farther away.
    Last edited by Cabela10; 06-21-2014 at 07:11 AM.

19. BBC SPONSOR REP
    What motor are you running?? There's a good chance we can customize it to what you need but I wouldn't want mine any different than it is.

20. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    fyi- i won a motormate at the SMRIII rally at lake james. put it on for the 12 hr trip back. i threw away my old ' transom saver ' . absolutely awesome product. highly recommended

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast