Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shesgonnaleaveme View Post
    Is the ramp at Lick Fork open? I'd like to fish around that area some. Was planning on going down on Tuesday.
    If you mean south lick, yes. If you mean lick fork ramp next to the marina, it was not open as of Friday. It was real close, so it is probably open now.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Member
    Anyone know if Maggie's is open on St. Joe river in Mishawaka? Or six span in Elkhart. Might be only fishing available up here for a while.
    Sam Ford
    Knox, Indiana
    2016 Lowe Stinger 175, Mercury FS 60

Quote Originally Posted by lakes View Post
    Damn is that accurate, thanks!
    North part of the state will not be fishable until after May!
    I'd actually guess 3 more weeks before we can fish, at least south of warsaw. Of course the two lakes close to me are going to be flooded, muddy messes until late april I'd guess.

4. Member
    River is open. Lots of snow piled up by the ramp at 6 span. I hope they clear it by this weekend. Want to get on the river on Friday or Saturday. I would guess the channels are still iced over. I am headed over that way tomorrow so I will check channels for ice. Can't wait to get out Ryan

5. Member
    Thanks Ryan. Look forward to your report. Hope to get out soon. Tired of watching fishing shows.
    Sam
    Sam Ford
    Knox, Indiana
    2016 Lowe Stinger 175, Mercury FS 60

6. Member
    Geist and Morse still pretty much covered, but the end is in sight. More open water today than a week ago. White River is open and bass are chewing, good ones too. Boggs is free for the most part, some skim ice in shallow sun protected pockets. Not much happening there, water clarity is decent but its very cold.

Quote Originally Posted by shford View Post
    Anyone know if Maggie's is open on St. Joe river in Mishawaka? Or six span in Elkhart. Might be only fishing available up here for a while.
    A week ago Maggies was still looking pretty covered. IUSB/Memorial is pretty much clear...
    2019 Bass Cat Caracal, Mercury 225 Pro XS 4 stroke

For Northern IN/Southern MI action and BCB love, follow me on instagram: @professorbeard

8. Member
    Drove down to the ramp at 6 span Still snow on the ramp but doable to launch. River looks nice and open, but it is really low. The big channel west of the ramp is mostly open. Couldnt see all of it. Looks like this weekend should be good to get out. Who knows if the fish will bite. I really dont care just want to get out on the water. Ryan

9. Member
    Monroe looks ice free for the most part maybe some ice up in the coves that I couldn't see but Paynetown and cutright everything is clear

10. Member
    Monroe being nearly open is good to hear! Will be the closest open water for me at this point.

11. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerboatguy View Post
    Monroe being nearly open is good to hear! Will be the closest open water for me at this point.
    That is good news! Its the closest that's open for me too. Not sure about Brookville. It was iced up last week, but I've not been down there to check it out this week. Of course the 2-4" of snow predicted for tomorrow, might keep me from heading down there.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

12. Member
    I heard the Spring Peepers out for the first time yesterday. I hope that's a good sign of things to come.
    Basscat!

13. Member
    I talked with the guy at Lake Lemon Park Office this evening. He said at dusk today the ramp was open but 2/3's of the lake was still covered in ice.
    Basscat!

Patoka was ice free today. Water temp was 44 degrees on main lake and I had 47 degrees late in the day in Little Patoka. Caught 2 LMB in about 8 feet of water on rock wall with a slow retrieve of Shad Rap over the grass.
    2004 Skeeter SX190 & 97 Stratos 201 FS
    2004 Yamaha 150 VMAX & 97 200HP Venom
    Georgetown, In

USCG Retired

15. Member
    Fish bite on Patoka is awesome to hear anytime of the year, but now that you've caught the only 2 bass in that lake what are the rest of us supposed to do????
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke

I hear that!! We had our 2 day classic there last Oct and 2 boats brought in 1 keeper the first day and 1 boat the second day. I came in second with 1 keeper!

The two I caught yesterday the first one was barely hooked and the second ate it whole. Hits were very light but they were pissed off when I got them in the boat!
    2004 Skeeter SX190 & 97 Stratos 201 FS
    2004 Yamaha 150 VMAX & 97 200HP Venom
    Georgetown, In

USCG Retired

17. Prepare to be dazzled.
    I caught a couple of keepers in South Lick yesterday at Patoka. Same for me on water temp. We did find some shad in the back of a cove that were busting all over the place like they had White Bass rolling through them, pretty sure they were just up eating the algae on top of the water though. We did also find some bass that had pushed some shad up shallow in one spot and were really giving them hell. We could watch them come under the boat and head shallow for a little while. It was definitely good to get out and shake out some cobwebs though.

\"The only difference between me and the pros....they catch more fish.\".......Me

18. Member
    Lake Lemon is now 100% ice free.
    Basscat!

19. Member
    Geist is still pretty locked up. Ramp and most of the shallow end are open, then about 500 yards down lake from the ramp. Solid ice to the Fall Creek causeway then a bit open on the bridge and by the marina. From the little island to the dam is still iced up. I don't see the tournies for next weekend happening, all pits are still covered in ice. Need some wind and rain and its gonna be open, even with colder temps.

20. Banned
    Waveland is still iced in. The park posted some pics on their Facebook page. My dad says the ice looks like crap, so it shouldn't be much longer before Waveland is ice free.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast