My Trip to Alabama

I posted this in the Alabama forum, thought you all would enjoy this as well:

When I was notified that I would be attending two months of military training in Montgomery, Al in January, I was very excited (I live in North Dakota). I've never fished in Alabama and was excited to hook set on some big ones. So, I packed up the boat and began the 1700 mi trip south. I only got about 2.5 hours away from home when my tire on the trailer decided it did not want to make the trip south with us. As I calmly eased the boat onto the shoulder, I watched the tire fly comically by me, cross the median where it was promptly hit head on by a semi. Luckily, the tow truck driver got the boat loaded onto the flatbed with relative ease, but of course nobody carries extra axles for a boat trailer and they had to order it and that would be 2-3 weeks before it was finished. With my dreams of big southern bass crushed, one of my friends came to my rescue and offered me his old Bass Cat to use, since he just bought a new one. I have finally made it to Montgomery and can not wait to get out on the water.

boat1.jpgboat2.jpgboat3.jpgboat4.jpgboat5.jpg

If we don't get pics of fish from this trip, I'm going to have Al ban you!
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

Man that sucks dude. Hope you get on some big ones!
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat