Unhappy Anyone Ever Re-Finish the Faux Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel Pieces?

I washed my 98 Skeeter ZX185c for the winter the same way I always have but this time, for some inexplicable reason, two of the faux carbon fiber instrument panels became splotchy and cloudy. I've given them a few weeks to dry just in case it was due to water trapped behind them but they still look the same.

So now I'm considering having them re-finished. I'm up in the air between hydro-dipping and plasti-dip spray. The unfortunate part is that any re-finishing will necessitate re-doing the lettering around the knobs

If you've had a similar experience with the clouding I mentioned above please let me know if it was something easily remedied. If you've re-finished your panels please share how you did it and any pictures you have.

2. Member
    Send a pic of your panel. I may be able to help you. Hydro-graphics is my specialty. Send them to hydrographicsolutions@gmail.com

3. Member
    Just to update this thread - I ended up re-finishing my dash panels by Plasti Dipping them a few months ago. The Plasti Dip has been really durable and I actually prefer the blacked out dash to the old faux carbon look. I also Plasti Dipped the handles on the consoles in red as you can see. I was able to re-do the labels on the dash panel using a Brother label maker with white on clear high adhesion label tape.

IMG_0641_zps003e316b.jpg
    IMG_0642_zpsc658e262.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Looks great. How did you apply the plasti-dip to the panel?
    2001 Ranger 518DVX
    200hp Evinrude Ficht

5. Member
    Just used spray cans of Plasti Dip. Some of the panels I actually painted in place without removing them - I masked off some of the area and then just peeled off any overspray.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Looks pretty good....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS