Looking for help on supplies for recarpeting ProCraft 210

Hey guys, I am looking for some help on what supplies I should use and buy for my planned carpet job which I will be doing soon to my ProCraft. As of right now I have ordered Bass Cat 24 oz carpet. I would like to installed padding under the carpet. What supplier is offering the right padding I need and what thickness should I go with. I did a little research and saw that a different kind of carpet glue is required to set the padding down on the deck prior to the carpet. Many thanks for your help. Phil
    2019 Blazer 625 / G2 250
    1996 21XD Bullet SOLD
    2015 Phoenix 920 / 250 Pro XS SOLD
    ALX Rods. www.alxrods.com
    The Best Designed and most Sensitive Bass Fishing Rod in the USA!

2. Member
    If you could get the birdsong adhesive, that would be your best bet for the padding to deck. Otherwise, many have just used contact cement and it has worked well, but make sure to give it plenty of "gas off" time before laying the pad. I believe pro-tech makes the padding. Other than that, you'll need a utility knife will lots of blades, some sort of solvent for the old glue (I used goof off), an angle grinder with a wire brush and a flapper wheel will make removing the old residue a lot less "physical", and some acetone and a shop vac to clean it all up nice just before laying the carpet.

Pushin\' Tin!!!!

Get a roll of rosin paper as well. You can use that as a template. Roll of it at my local hardware store was 8 dollars

4. lerningthehardway
    Not sure if you checked this or not , but make sure the 24oz carpet will let you close your deck lids freely

5. Member
    That's for the information. What thickness padding is everyone normally using?
    2019 Blazer 625 / G2 250
    1996 21XD Bullet SOLD
    2015 Phoenix 920 / 250 Pro XS SOLD
    ALX Rods. www.alxrods.com
    The Best Designed and most Sensitive Bass Fishing Rod in the USA!

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro210Phil View Post
    That's for the information. What thickness padding is everyone normally using?
    Just a couple minutes of searching and look what I found...even has pics of installation
    http://www.bbcboards.net/bassboat-re...ting-toon.html

7. Member
    I don't believe you'll want to go more than 1/8".

Pushin\' Tin!!!!

8. Member
    1/4' protech, I go through plenty of it. I buy birdsong by the drum. watch out for rookies.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

9. Member
    Re-carpeted my 96 Ranger 487VS with padded front deck. Used Pro-Tech 3/8” virgin…I can stand all day on front end now. Rich at Boatworxva got me the carpet, padding, and birdsong adhesive (in quarts-Huge Win). This was my first time and Rich gave me his cell. He gave me several tremendous tips that saved me a lot of headache, especially when it came to installing the padding and cutting it at an angle. My boat looks amazing for a 30 year old boat!