Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    not sure about that but they always hang out there. that sounds like alot of fun too. even could do a weigh in out there.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

2. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    We almost did a weighin out there last year. I think we are going to this year weather permitting. Nice way to release them out on the flats. I'll do some checking on the cook out deal. Just need a grill and a cooler!
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

3. Member
    Hello all, my name is Don Slimmer and I just found out about the Upper Chesapeake/North East River two years ago. I've been fishing since I was a kid and I'm hitting the big 60 this September (how time flies). Four years ago I decide to upgrade my old fiberglass poles and Mitchell 300's to more modern technology, bass-technique specific equipment. Wow, the bass monkey sure did jump on my back!! Within the last four years, I went from two Mojo rods to about twenty Dobyns and Megabass sticks, and Daiwa reels. Bought my first boat; a used 2005 Bass Tracker PT185, and two weeks ago I purchased two new Humminbird Units with Side Imaging.

In 2012, as a non-boater, I started fishing with a small South Jersey club, and one of the tournaments was on the North East river. I was hooked with the entire atmosphere - bigger water, bigger bass, and a much bigger challange!! Last year, my fishing partner moved out of state, so I started fishing the North East with my wife. While we didn't catch a lot of fish (I have a LOT to learn about the fishery), however we really, really enjoy the North East area. My wife and I will fish for a few hours and then enjoy cocktails at the Nauti Goose or the Wellwood.

Work keeps me from fishing as much as I like, but I will hit the North East area as much as I can. . . it's a pleasure meeting and getting advise from you all. . . see you on the water

Hi everybody,
    My name is Dan Smith, I live in southern New Jersey where i belong to a local club , we fish the upper bay at least 5 or 6 times a year and it has become one of my favorites, we launch on the northeast most of the time but we do hit the Sassafrass as well.looking forward to this year and hitting the bay with my new skeeter.
    See you on the water
    Dan
    2018 zx 190
    150 v-max sho

5. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Welcome guys!!

I'll be looking for ya on the water. You'll find me just about anywhere on the upper bay. I spend alot of time on the Susquehanna and Northeast. The Nauti Goose is a great watering hole for sure. See you out there!

Hello all, my name is Ken and been fishing the Susquahana when ever get a chance. Between work and two kids in college has not left me with much time. Have not had a boat for the past 6 to 7 years because of the above. I have been saving a little money for a boat was going to wait about two more years til kids out of school.I have family and friends going thru some tough times right now with their health. So this really pushed me over the edge and figured in two more years I will be that much older and miss out on that much more fishing. So I went out took my saved money and went to the bank and borrowed the difference to by a good used boat.been looking on BBC and finally pulled the trigger on a used 2013 Legend Alpha 211 loaded. You can't miss me Yellow and white with yellow and white twin power poles. So now I wait til good weather to get out on The water to be with good company with guys like you here with the upper Chesapeake Bay Club. Boy I have cabin fever, I don't think it will be much longer. If you see me don't be shy come by and I will tell you what kind of luck Im having if any. Good luck to all and stay healthy.

7. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Glad to have you Ken!! Congratulations on a great boat See you on the water.

Hey guys first and foremost I wanted to say this is a really cool forum site with nothing but positive energy from the anglers from different clubs and States represented through out the mid-Atlantic. Personally as a newbie to the sport of tournament/club bass fishing it's great to see so many cool people sharing so much information about boats, motors, rivers, fishing reports, techniques and basically anything that pertains to bass fishing. Hats off to all the upper bay and Potomac club members Big shout out to riverrat for rocking out a great forum!!! You can't find another forum that has anglers dedicated to helping others enjoy the upper bay while ensuring that we continue to improve our fishery by practicing good habits while adopting fresh ideas to keep our native bass healthy for the future..... I'm from Havre de Grace, my name is Matt and 2013 was my first ever season in a bass club, Hazzard County bassmasters. Growing up mostly fishing from the shores of the susky and flipping docks at penns beach marina was how I bass fished. Targeting smallmouth up above deer creek in my kayak during the summers low waters looking for the herons and bald eagles was how I got my fix, but over the years the smallies have become sick or non existent??? That led me to join a club. Best and luckiest move ever. An angling reality check for sure when it comes to skill and patience. What got me really interested was throwing frogs on the 2200 Gambler (Above post) out on the flats. What got me hooked was the last three club tourneys!!! Thank you all in advance for the hospitality and sharing the knowledge about anything and everything bass fishing the Upper Chesapeake bay!!!! Cheers

9. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDogfish View Post
    Hey guys first and foremost I wanted to say this is a really cool forum site with nothing but positive energy from the anglers from different clubs and States represented through out the mid-Atlantic. Personally as a newbie to the sport of tournament/club bass fishing it's great to see so many cool people sharing so much information about boats, motors, rivers, fishing reports, techniques and basically anything that pertains to bass fishing. Hats off to all the upper bay and Potomac club members Big shout out to riverrat for rocking out a great forum!!! You can't find another forum that has anglers dedicated to helping others enjoy the upper bay while ensuring that we continue to improve our fishery by practicing good habits while adopting fresh ideas to keep our native bass healthy for the future..... I'm from Havre de Grace, my name is Matt and 2013 was my first ever season in a bass club, Hazzard County bassmasters. Growing up mostly fishing from the shores of the susky and flipping docks at penns beach marina was how I bass fished. Targeting smallmouth up above deer creek in my kayak during the summers low waters looking for the herons and bald eagles was how I got my fix, but over the years the smallies have become sick or non existent??? That led me to join a club. Best and luckiest move ever. An angling reality check for sure when it comes to skill and patience. What got me really interested was throwing frogs on the 2200 Gambler (Above post) out on the flats. What got me hooked was the last three club tourneys!!! Thank you all in advance for the hospitality and sharing the knowledge about anything and everything bass fishing the Upper Chesapeake bay!!!! Cheers
    Welcome aboard Matt!!

Should be another great season! It was awesome having you join the club - you're a hell of a fisherman brother!

10. Member
    Ken I saw you pulling in Anchor last week....the boat caught my eye....one perty machine dude, can't miss that one and you can't hide...lol
    2004 Ranger 520DVX Honda 225 8" Atas 80 Min-Kota Ultrex Vexilar Flashers Lowrance Raymarine 8' Blades

Thanks Jstump, I was taking it out for the first time since buying it in Feb. The boat ran nice ,had to leave early still figuring out what is what. Thanks again and hope to see ya out there .good luck and stay safe

12. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Looking forward to seeing that ride Ken!! A buddy of mine wants one of those for his next ride.

Ken, I saw your boat last friday. I had just pulled out and was talking to you when you came over to use the porta potty. I had the Ranger Z518 and told you that I was from West Grove. A very nice rig for sure!! When you see it it will get your attention for sure. Super nice ride.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2bassn View Post
    Ken, I saw your boat last friday. I had just pulled out and was talking to you when you came over to use the porta potty. I had the Ranger Z518 and told you that I was from West Grove. A very nice rig for sure!! When you see it it will get your attention for sure. Super nice ride.
    I saw both of yous, green cobra, white Chevy, I was just going in , think that was the sickest bass boat I have seen to date....and those rims on he trailer are spot on !!!

15. Member
    been posting on here a little while and never realized that this thread was here so...........I am Marty Osborne, my ride is on the "rides" link but its a bk/wh zx190 skeeter w/vmax 150 single con. I fish in the MD Hawgsters club (central region) We fish all over, and I fish the MBF as well. I have ran into a few of you on the water (I think) in the past. 2 summers ago I put on a benefit tourn. out of Dundee for a friend of mine who lost his fight with cancer, I think some of you were there. Was a good turn out and a great event. If you see me stop me and say hi.

this is better late than never i guess. Be safe and tight lines!

16. Member
    Crazy to see that this thread was made almost 3 years ago! Where have I been?! But anyways hey guys! my Name is Julius Womack.Just came across this thread. I go to school in Frostburg (40 minutes from Deep Creek) but i live in Waldorf, MD. I've been fishing on the Upper Bay since i was 3 years old (22 y/o as of the 25th last month). My dad had me out there fishing the flats back when he was station at Andrews air force base back in the late 90s. Me and him have fished plenty of tournaments out there and almost lost our boat one day on the bay but that's another story lol. But in recent years I've been trying to get him to take some trips back up to the bay since it has been hot since we stopped fishing it back in 2012. Hopefully he budges. BTW, We run a 2005 Ranger z21 with a Yamaha 250 HPDI dual console. If any of you are out on the Potomac though be sure to say hey! That's all we fish nowadays. Tight Lines>

17. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    You'll find there is a great group of guys here. Look forward to seeing you out there on the water...if you see my big white, teal, purple G-Boat...Make sure to come over and say Hello!!!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRatMD View Post
    You'll find there is a great group of guys here. Look forward to seeing you out there on the water...if you see my big white, teal, purple G-Boat...Make sure to come over and say Hello!!!
    Oh I've seen that rig in the parking lot of Smallwood multiple times! But I'll definitely stop and say hello!

19. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    OH YEAH!! The group of guys I hang with love to go to the Potomac and stay at the campground and fish all week! See you out there buddy

20. Member
    Ken E. here with the River Ratz Bass masters, Tom's club. I'm the webmaster who can't seem to fix the f*king pop-up. The Bass Bug bit me in 2000 while vacationing in KY, and I finally joined the RRBM in 2009. Since then, those great bunch of fellas learned me a lot about bassing, but I still suck. I just got a green 2000 BassCat Pantera with a 200 Merc EFI, which got me started reading this forum. Looking forward to seeing all y'all on the water! TL!

In case you're wondering about the handle I used to be a photographer. It just stuck.
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    Mercury 200 EFI (0G374590)
    26P Trophy Plus / Garmin Force / Garmin EchoMAP / Dual Power Pole Pro Series II

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast