Effective April 18th we will require full names/email addresses in these forums.

Effective April 18th, we will require that sellers and buyers in the Swap & Sell forums have their full name and email address in your profile.
    Email addresses are hidden by default when you register.

Click on "My Profile" at the top of the page, then Personal Profile to add your name to your profile (if you hadn't put it in when you registered).
    While in there go to User Options to "unhide" your email address.

**Note: If you have a legitimate reason for not showing your email in your profile, you can show it in your post if you prefer.

There will obviously be a period of time until we have everyone showing this information in their profile, but at some point we will delete posts if you don't show this information.

Re: Effective April 18th we will require full names/email a ... (Al from Canada)

Here's the deal...for the next month, through the end of March I will delete posts that do not comply with this new rule and I will tell the post originator the reason why. After that I will simply delete the posts. I will do this regardless of whether or not there is ongoing dialogue regarding a transaction.
    This rule has been in effect since 18 Apr 2008, over 10 months, and there has been lots of tolerance for folks not complying. One more month and strict enforcement will begin.

This change was deemed neccessary because there have been some problems with transactions that were not being completed and members were unable to contact the other party to resolve the issue. Some involved members sending several hundred dollars and not getting the merchandise and others involved members sending mechandise and not getting compensated.

While problems have been few relative to the total number of transactions we simply wish to provide reasonable means of contacting folks when there is a problem.

Before posting items for sale be sure to un-hide your e-mail address in your profile or enter you re-mail address when you post. The preferable method is to un-hide your e-mail address in your profile.

BBC is a great place to meet and converse with folks with similar interests and it is also a great place to swap/buy/sell your personal items. We want to keep it positive.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois