Thread: Dobyns DX764SF

Dobyns DX764SF

Opions on DX 764SF, looking for spinning rod for soninlaw and wife. Jigs, pitching, and light flipping?

2. Member
    I have 2 of them, and love them. The rod is limber enough for most techniques, but had plenty of power once you set into s fish. Also, these rods are so sensitive you can feel a fish think about biting the lure.

Great rod, Paul Mueller did a nice video on the rod using hair jigs, you can see the flex and action and he reviews the rod. He has another hair jig video which shows more action shots. Very nice heavier action spinning rod

4. Member
    How does the action compare to 733c? Want something for bottom contact such as creatures and jigs. the "limber enough" comment kinda throws me.

If im using anything over 3/8 i would be casting personally. I know this rod works well for 1/8-3/8 havent used anything more. It fishes different to me than a 733 just because of the inherant diff between spinning and casting so diff to make apples to apples comparison for me. If i was to choose a spinning rod for jigs and t-rigs up to 3/8 this would be the rod i grabbed
    Last edited by jjpatton; 05-08-2013 at 10:26 PM.

6. Member
    Guys I use casting for all my bottom contact stuff, but my wife and son in law don't. They just don't go enough to learn.

7. Member
    But if you’re fishing in deep water casting equipment doesn’t work!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRiverrat View Post
    Opions on DX 764SF, looking for spinning rod for soninlaw and wife. Jigs, pitching, and light flipping?
    I have owned several of these sticks and they are awesome, but it is a lot of rod. A great alternative would be the 743 DX. Both are great versatile stick.