Water Pressure Gauge Install Question

I have a 1998 Evinrude Vindicator 200 hp and I want to install a water pressure gauge but I am not sure where, on the motor end, I am supposed to connect the hose.
    Last edited by NCBassin'; 03-08-2013 at 07:52 AM.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    A good place would be to the gauge. If you are talking at the motor best bet is to remove the port side belly pan and look at the exhaust adapter plate. You will see an allen head set screw near the rear stand off. Remove that and the outlet nipple attaches there.

3. Member
    I am replacing my Water Pressure gauge and wondering can I attach the fitting on Starboard or Port side? I think I see the option on both sides...

The Starboard side has an old plastic fitting on my 1996 Evinrude 200 Vindicator. I am concerned too that the plastic fitting may break if I try to remove it, but I would rather use the new brass one on the Port side (or Starboard if necessary).

Installing one on my 1998 FastStrike years ago, I remember one side was really weak and the other was strong, like 25 psi at WOT. For 16 year it never had any problems. So my second question if the pressure on Port and Starboard vary enough is that a problem with OMC V6s?
    Stratos 201 Pro, Evinrude 200 Vindicator
    Sprint 276 Pro Tournament, Johnson 150 FastSrike
    ProCraft 17, Evinrude 115