Thread: 2012 wide glide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2012 wide glide

2. Member
    i had the bike custom painted wanted to keep it close to original the bike came with the orange flames on the tank but i had them re do the tank and do the fendars as well....along with the ega usmc and bar and shield done in gold leaf!!!!

very nice ride

4. Member
    Pretty bike. Food for thought---98% of the harleys made since 1998 are still on the road. ...........The other 2% made it back home !

5. Member
    dont get it????? still riding??? junk?? broke down???

6. Member
    That looks great.

I like that as well. Looks great!

8. Papap
    Nice bike. I have the black on. I did put mag wheels, new pipes, stage one kit, new seat with sisybar and windshield.

9. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    That is very sharp!

I think the poster who said 2 percent made it back home is suggesting that only 2 percent made it home to the garage, as in running. The others are still broke down on the road somewhere. Clearly jealous of your beautiful bike or he would not have posted such a rediculous statement.

Kind of funny you post that pun. A few years ago 3 of us went on a trip. Two Harleys and a yamahammer. The Yamahammer broke down in New Mexico. Took us 6 hours to go from Tucumcari to Santa Fe because of that bike not wanting to run. That guy now owns a Harley and has had zero problems with it since he bought it.

10. Member
    thanks for shedding some light on that h20....i like all bikes just like i like all bass boats....some r good for some and some arent....its funny how when somebody owns a particular boat or truck or bike its awesome.....then when u see them a couple years later with a different brand all of a sudden there new brand is phenominal and there old brand wasnt as good as they once said...so i really dont let neg comments bother me!!!!

11. Richard Jennings timberland's Avatar
    Cool bike. I had a 2002 FXDWG3..Black with Gold leaf flames. I loved the bike. My wife hated it, to the point she wouldnt ride on it. Sooooo, I now own a hot rod bagga' HD Street Glide and she'll ride with me again.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

12. Member
    thanks!!!!! my wife loves it in fact she pushed for me to get it!!!! so im safe for now!!!!!

That's one sharp ride.....

Nice!!!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kope37 View Post
    thanks for shedding some light on that h20....i like all bikes just like i like all bass boats....some r good for some and some arent....its funny how when somebody owns a particular boat or truck or bike its awesome.....then when u see them a couple years later with a different brand all of a sudden there new brand is phenominal and there old brand wasnt as good as they once said...so i really dont let neg comments bother me!!!!

Aaah lighten up a little guys. It was a JOKE ! I bought my first Harley in 1952 and wouldnt consider anything else until HD prices went through the roof. I wrenched and raced for my Harley dealer for several years back in the 60's and am the proud owner of a belt buckle that Willie G. sent me for 500,000 miles on a HD motorcycle. A local HD dealer offered me my choice of any bike in his shop for that buckle and got turned down.

I will admit that AMF almost ruined HD and since then they have come a long way in the enginering dept. Still build the best looking bike on the road--IMHO, but quality control isnt a strong point when compared to some others,(think BMW or Honda). I currently own a Yamaha Roadstar and love it. P.S. I am pushing 73 years old and plan to do the Iron Butt one last time this year.

16. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    AMF were definately dark years. I think there are a number of good bikes out there. I just prefer Harley to the others for the heritage associated with the brand but also for the reliability of them.

17. Member
    I really do believe that HD should re-engineer the V twins and include 4 valve heads. The old 2 valve engines weakest point is the rear facing back cylinder exaust valve. Seen many a HD burn that valve. Not a great deal of air can get in there to cool it.

A helpful hint for you HD guys----Mount one of those old air scoops that used to come on boats to vent the bilge to the harley to force air around the rear exaust !!!! Works like a charm.

18. Member
    Got sum new wheels and bars

19. Member
    nice bike, ride it like you stole it!

20. Member
    Thanks grandpa!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast