Anybody using the "Rite-Hite" motor holder?

I bought one of these for my 250 hpdi and it puts the motor quite a bit lower than when I use my regular holder. I am afraid to try it because it seems too low. Anybody using these?

2. Member
    If your talking about a jack plate its adjustable,I had a 10 in great heavy duty jack plate.Motor and bolt holes also adjustable,but plate alone should be able to raise say 5 in.Set back plates have no adjustment other than motor mount bolt holes,jack plates have either one or two bolts one turns to make it go up or down.
    The only motor holder I have is in the garage meant to hold a spare and normally called a motor stand.

He's talking about the things that go over the cylinders and keeps the motor tilted slightly while trailering.

4. Member
    Read the reviews from bps on the rite hite motor holder then check out the pro-rule motor toter i got this one and also have a hpdi and it works well hope this helps.

5. Member
    Motor toter 25 bucks has several holes adjustable-have never heard one called a motor holder,then again lead a sheltered life.
    It should be good as long as no lower than trailer,regardless of brand.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Please take a look at the Lock-n-Haul. It is the only universal fit trailering support that completely eliminates all of the movement of the trailered outboard. We are also a long time top banner sponsor of the BBC.
    Jim

7. Member
    I use the Rite-Hite, and it does carry the LU a little low, so I added a 2" block spacer to get the height I wanted. I will go with a Lock-n-Haul when I need to replace the Rite-Hite. Just my .02!

Just wanted to update for anyone looking for a motor holder. I've been using this product for just over 2 years now and it works just as good as all those expensive ones. Tackle warehouse has it right now for $29.99 also for the people that think the motor sits to low , I have seen reviews online where people called them and they sent them longer tunes at no cost.
    2019 PHEONIX 921 WITH SUZUKI 250SS

9. Member
    Been using one on my SHO 250 for several years now, never been an issue with skeg being too low.

10. Member
    Just as a potential review....

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
    Please take a look at the Lock-n-Haul. It is the only universal fit trailering support that completely eliminates all of the movement of the trailered outboard. We are also a long time top banner sponsor of the BBC.
    These look very nice, well priced and fully adjustable! I love the concept!

So are dimonds.. I can buy 5 or 6 of these for the price of the db and it does the same thing.
    2019 PHEONIX 921 WITH SUZUKI 250SS

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallie_Hawgin View Post
    Just as a potential review....
    It seemed like he really didn't have a good reason for saying MotorMate was junk. He mentioned the spring loaded things being bad, but then in the next sentence said that DD26's spring loaded things are great.

14. Member
    I believe in the video he was talking about the quality of the load springs and how they operate. Not that they were a bad concept.

I have been using the Rite Hite motor holder for 10 years on 250 HPDI no issues.

2009 ELITE 210