Thread: New Boat

Question New Boat

So my friend just bought a new z520c with a 250 sho coming out of a 2001 tr 20 225 opti what can he expect as a difference on these two boats.

2. Member
    To go slower.

3. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeinAlabama View Post
    To go slower.
    Even with the 250? lol. I'd guess it would go around 74ish with a tournament load and be easier to drive. My friends uncle is an FLW pro and is getting low 70's out of the Ranger aircraft carrier (I think it's the z22 anyway) with a 250 etec and a whole tackle store on board.

4. Member
    I run a 2002 tr 21 225 opti getting 73.6 GPS WOT set up right no chine till 70+ I know the ranger is wider by far up front but don't know much about the z520c he says it is easier to drive and a good platform. Just trying to find out some true advise not brand bashing. Its a nice boat and I haven't got in it yet. Thanks

I have a friend that just went the other direction and the biggest thing that I immediately noticed was the much better ride of the Triton. As far as speed goes, the two boats run within 2-3 mph of each other. The ranger had more front deck room, but the Triton is a lot easier to fish from on the rear deck. Just some quick unbiased observations that I have made as I was a passenger in each boat and own neither brand.

6. Banned
    Post this question in the Ranger forum and you will get a lot of responses from those who have owned both.

TOXIC

7. Banned
    I think the payment could be quite different between the two.