Thread: Best scale?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best scale?

Hey guys looking at a new scale to keep in the boat and was wondering your thought and experiences on scales that you have used in the past??

Ive used Xtools scale and culling system for 2 years now. Love its simplicity and reliability.
    Andy Cole
    2018 Skeeter FX21LE
    250 SHO VF250LA s/n 6CBL1017034

I have been using Accu-Cull for a couple of years now. Pretty happy with it - very accurate.

Accucull Culling System - Most Effecient Culling System On The Market

4. Member
    For me, the X-tools was not as accurate and did not work well. I have been extremely pleased w/ the Rapala touch screen scale. It is w/ in a tenth or two of our clubs $350 scales. It has a built in light for use when dark (early morning or night use). It's easy to use. Cost about $40. Has (8) memory slots, and shows a total weight all on the same screen. Just put numbers on your culling rings and that will match the slots on your scale. Have had mine going on two years now and replaced the batteries twice. Good Luck and Merry Christmas !

Quote Originally Posted by LeeinAlabama View Post
    For me, the X-tools was not as accurate and did not work well.
    I will say that several of the guys in our club have bought Xtools scales and a few of them have had issues with faulty readings and improper culling. However, myself and several others have had nothing but good luck with this system.
    Andy Cole
    2018 Skeeter FX21LE
    250 SHO VF250LA s/n 6CBL1017034

6. Member
    My XTools scale was never right... often off by 1/4 pound. Litterally threw it away and got the Rapala touch screen. Very happy with it. Very accurate.
    New record!! Caught several bass on December 31st. In Michigan! From my boat!

7. Member
    By far the Accucull. Weighs to the .99. Hundredths. Can't get more close than that for a quick tournament weigh and cull. Pretty much eliminates the balance beam.

8. Member
    Cul m rite

Rapala Lock N Grip with digital scale. I don't like any scale that requires you to puncture the fish, I suppose they're fine for weighing bags or in the gill plate. Lock N Grip is quicker and let's you pick up toothy fish too.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZRCAT View Post
    Rapala Lock N Grip with digital scale. I don't like any scale that requires you to puncture the fish, I suppose they're fine for weighing bags or in the gill plate. Lock N Grip is quicker and let's you pick up toothy fish too.
    I have NEVER punctured any fish with my scales or any scales that I have had. You can place the hook under the gill plates where the gill plates attach. Just be careful and place the hook directly behind the gill plate and don't grab in between the gills. I also have a single fish weigh bag that i use regularly. I agree with you however on that. I refuse to use the CULL CHAINS that have the hook on them for the very same reason. I think they should be banned in all tournaments. JMHO.

11. Member
    Rapala touch screen
    RH

12. Fishing is a Passion
    I use the scale from Academy Sports. Been using for over a year with no problems and it is easy to use. +1 on the single fish weigh bag. For those that do not like to puncture there fish/ how do you use the culling tags.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

I have 2 of the Rapala touch screen and an Accucull. I have had problems getting both of my Rapala touch screens to turn on. The on button gets stuck quite a bit and it goes on and then off.

I was sceptical about my purchasing the Accucull because it seems to inexpensive to be good. Boy was I mistaken! The Accucull turns on fast and goes to zero quickly and is extremely accurate. I would sell the Rapala's but feel that it would be a disservice to anyone because my two have been disappointing. Accucull all the way!
    Last edited by diveshades; 01-05-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: spelling errors

FLORIDA BOAT: 2016 Ranger 519, Mercury 225 Pro XS, Atlas 6" hydraulic jack plate, Motor Guide Tour Pro, Humminbird Helix 12SI Mega chirp on console, Helix 12SI up front, dual 8' power poles, livewell pumpout

LET US NOT LOSE SIGHT OF HOW FORTUNATE WE ARE TO ENJOY FISHING AND THE OUTDOORS! CATCHING JUST MAKES IT A BIT SWEETER!

14. Member
    I use the small rapala, it only has one button. Then I use the ardent cull tags works for me. Tried the ones that do it for you but I just like to keep it simple in a tournament situation
    2017 Z18
    175 ProXS
    Dual Poles
    Ultrex
    2 Garmin 93SV+

15. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    BogaGrip 315 hands down. You get what you pay for.... I've used the $25-$50 digital scales in the past.
    Last edited by 22RangerZ520R; 01-18-2013 at 09:53 AM.

16. Member
    accucull is a great scale. very accurate and consitant.

17. Member
    I have used The X-tool ( junk IMO ) It never weighed consistantly I would weigh the same object over and over and the weights varied wildly, I sent it back and upgraded to the the Cul-em rite its is the best scale and culling system made, I have used mine for several years flawlessly. The only drawback is you have to send it back to have the battery changed so last season I bought an accucull system and that scale is excellent very precise and consistent always weighs the same know matter how many times you weigh something. The cul-em rite culling system is the best but the accucull is pretty good.

18. Member
    Never used scales, just don't trust them. Balance beams are always accurate. All you really want to know is which one is heavier, not how much it weighs (if your fishing tournaments).

Have a good one and thank God for it!

You want a great pair of fishing scales....look at Lucid Fishing™ - Lucid Fishing

I know the guy that makes them and they are a great alternative to the more expensive brands...very accurate as well

20. Member
    I have had my Boga Grip for over 10 years and its still accurate and works perfectly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast