Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556
Results 1,101 to 1,115 of 1115
    Quote Originally Posted by samcobra View Post
    Wayne I am going to get a new Solix 10 msi. I am upgrading from a Helix12 Gen1. Are my existing trails and waypoints on the Helix downloadable to the solix? The Solix uses the micro SD cards and my Helix uses standard SD cards. is there any way to use the standard SD cards or convert SD cards(Navionics map cards) for the Solix? Thanx in advance for info regardng these questions......Sam
    To use the Helix data in a SOLIX, load them to HumminbirdPC. Then click on the new file name to highlight it blue. Then at the top left FILES, select SAVE AS GPX to a memory card, put the card in the SOLIX to load it to the unit's waypoint library.

You cannot copy the map data and no you cannot use a SD card in a microSD reader.
    Navionics has used microSD cards since 2010, have you looked at the card to see if it is microSD in a SD adapter. Black cards are SD adapters.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    Wayne,

When I loaded my exported data from my Helix into HumminbirdPC it already had a file name "SD.211115c.gpx". Not sure what to convert this file to?

Wayne,

When I loaded my exported data from my Helix into HumminbirdPC it already had a file name "SD.211115c.gpx". Not sure what to convert this file to?
    The file name is SD meaning it was downloaded from a memory card. The numbers is the date Year 21, Month 11, and Day 15.
    c means that is the third time you have done that==a, b, c

You don't do any conversion.

To use that file in a SOLIX:
    1. You click on it and it turns blue
    2. Go to the top left of the panel to File and click on that
    3. Select SAVE AS GPX to the memory card
    4. Put the card in the SOLIX and load the data
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Wayne,

When i save my helix ".gpx" as a "gpx" not sure what is changing on the new file? Does the saved file have to have a specific name or just the ".gpx" at the end of files name?

Wayne,

When i save my helix ".gpx" as a "gpx" not sure what is changing on the new file? Does the saved file have to have a specific name or just the ".gpx" at the end of files name?
    When you export your Helix waypoints, they are put in a MATRIX folder. Only a Helix, number series unit, or HumminbirdPC will read that folder.

A SOLIX will not read the MATRIX folder so you have to do the GPX thing. The waypoints are the same, it's the PROCESS that is different.

If you export the SOLIX waypoint library and load it to HumminbirdPC, you cannot import them to a Helix unless they are in a MATRIX folder that the card symbol with arrows on the left panel creates.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Wayne,

As usual your info is spot on and it helps me understand this process, thanx for hanging in there with me on this subject to get it thru my thick head.......Sam

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Relief Shading feature with Hotmaps Platinum.

With a SOLIX:

With a Helix:

Wayne does the satellite imagrey
    with sonarhart shading overlay work with a Helix?

Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    Wayne does the satellite imagrey
    with sonarhart shading overlay work with a Helix?
    Yes both of those images have stuff on land, buildings, roads, etc.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Yes both of those images have stuff on land, buildings, roads, etc.
    What is the difference between Relief shading and SonarChart shading?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    What is the difference between Relief shading and SonarChart shading?
    Thanks
    I have not messed with that very much, but I think this is Sonar Chart shading. I rarely go to waters that have those features---

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Navionics plus vrs Navionics Platinum

Question for Navionics users in southern Ontario. I have a Helix 9 G4N CHIRP MEGA SI+ MEGA DI+. Which Navionics mapping micro card is best for my area? Navionics + or Navionics Hotmaps Platinum? The difference I see is the satellite imaging & contour shading available on Navionics Platinum however, I don't think that feature is available for lakes in southern Ontario. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by shambala View Post

Question for Navionics users in southern Ontario. I have a Helix 9 G4N CHIRP MEGA SI+ MEGA DI+. Which Navionics mapping micro card is best for my area? Navionics + or Navionics Hotmaps Platinum? The difference I see is the satellite imaging & contour shading available on Navionics Platinum however, I don't think that feature is available for lakes in southern Ontario. Thanks in advance!
    The Navionics maps (Nautical Charts) are the same for both products and both have the user generated HD mapping called Sonar Charts. Only HD quality mapping has the satellite overlay and possible contour shading and there are thousands of non-HD locations.

The current maps can be viewed on the Navionics web site's Chart Viewer. Those are updated daily so what you see can be on a map card by doing an update.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shambala View Post

I know this is an older thread but I have similar questions. Just bought a HotMaps Platinum East e-6. How does that differ than what Navionics current line up is? I've googled and google but can't quite figure out what the differences are. Seems like the choices today are Navionics+ and Platinum+

Quote Originally Posted by JustinNC View Post
    I know this is an older thread but I have similar questions. Just bought a HotMaps Platinum East e-6. How does that differ than what Navionics current line up is? I've googled and google but can't quite figure out what the differences are. Seems like the choices today are Navionics+ and Platinum+
    Current products are:
    Hotmaps Platinum Region cards have satellite imagery, and extra settings that Navionics+ doesn't have.
    Navionics+ has two versions== Regions and Large, same data, just more coverage with the Large. Navionics+ Region cards replaced the Hotmaps Premium Region product that was discontinued in 2015.
    Platinum+ is mostly off-shore and other countries.

Version E-6 is E=East and 6 started in 2010 when the Freshest Data program started. Prior to 6 for the East Region was E-2005, E2-2006, E3-2007, E4-2008, and E5-2009 which were annual editions and not updateable.

Visit the Navionics website to get the full details of their products.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    Current products are:
    Hotmaps Platinum Region cards have satellite imagery, and extra settings that Navionics+ doesn't have.
    Navionics+ has two versions== Regions and Large, same data, just more coverage with the Large. Navionics+ Region cards replaced the Hotmaps Premium Region product that was discontinued in 2015.
    Platinum+ is mostly off-shore and other countries.

Version E-6 is E=East and 6 started in 2010 when the Freshest Data program started. Prior to 6 for the East Region was E-2005, E2-2006, E3-2007, E4-2008, and E5-2009 which were annual editions and not updateable.

Visit the Navionics website to get the full details of their products.
    Thanks, you're a wealth of info. I knew the numbering system was the updates, but never saw where "Hotmaps" was listed as a current offering. Only see Navionics+ and Platinum+. Thanks again.

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556