Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Anything you buy today...you'll want to register and perform your first Freshest Data update within two months or purchase. At that pint, your chip is up-to-date and you're free to update at your leisure for the next 12 months.

2. Member
    Here's a quick YouTube video on Freshest Data uploads

3. Member

Is there a Fish N Chip layer setting on a Humminbird 858c ?

Quote Originally Posted by pmnav12 View Post
    NEW Updates available on ALL Lakes with those owning Hot Maps Platinum charts for full USA lakes under Fish N Chip (SonarCharts) layer. More explaining of product change coming but please fire me some questions and I'll go from there. Lots more one foot contours and in many cases to bank where possible.
    Just purchased a Humminbird 858c HD and Platinum Plus chip for Central and South Florida (P632). I have updated my chip with the Freshest Data and I am not seeing any one foot contours offshore of Jupiter/ Palm Beach (or anywhere for that matter). I have seen in other posts a reference to a Fish N Chip layer. I have been through every menu setting and cannot find anything. I have set the charts to custom and have turned everything on and everything visible. Am I missing something?

The FishN'Chip setting is the Chart Select in the Chart tab. You scroll over to the setting that shows the slot the card is in and it will show FishN'Chip Card.

My card is in the left slot so my selection is named "Left FishN'Chip Card".

That is where the Sonar Charts layer will be viewed.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Ok. I figured it out. I had a blank SD card in one slot and the Navionics Platinum in the other. The menu did not have an option to select a chart. I took out the blank card left in the Platinum card, restarted the unit and now I get the Chart Select option with Fish'nChip and all is well. Wonder it Humminbird knows about this problem?

I have a SD card in my right slot with snapshots and recordings on it, and I get the FishN'Chip selection.

BUT, when I switch back to Auto, I loose the Snapshot and Recording view until I re-start the unit.

BUT, if I have the Snapshot and Recording view displayed when setting back to Auto, I don't have to re-start to keep that view.
    I tried it several times with different views, sometimes it does it and sometimes not.

1198c SI with 6.610
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Thanks guys. Made my answers easy today. also we just released the SonarCharts today for Coastal areas for Florida. We will post some new info soon but since you just got your chart, do a freshest data update and you'll get brand new data right now plus every time you do it. Start recording onto blank SD too to add in new info everytime you go out. You'll get one foot out to 80' for all those areas. 898... nice set up.

8. Member
    Just purchased a platinum chart thinking I could use the new sonar charts to map my area. Unfortunately I just heard from navionics that sonar charts is unavailable for Canada, and they don't know when it will be released. I have waited for navionics to do updates before and it took three years and was about as accurate and detailed as pissing in the snow to check the temperature. I am about $700 deep into useless maps for my area now!

9. Member
    What about those of us with 7 series units? Is premium going to get sonar charts as well or do I need to get a higher priced unit and platinum chip for this feature?

10. Member
    Thornskin.... I understand. It is coming. USA should finish full release as of the end of this or next week. Canada is the next priority. Not many people are more upset about the delay than me but to give you a very simple example of what caused a delay... picutres all the lakes you have in Canada. For SonarCharts to work they must all be digitized. Which means outline, banks, coastline corrections, all must be made more accurate. Then making it work with each operating computer system via mac, google chrome, internet explorer.... taking more time to do than we hoped. Canada is the next country on the list. just please be patient. Also $700 in maps? what all did you buy?

11. Member
    Chris, at this time premium will not. Hasn't been in the plan. Problem is space allotment. for a premium to run in all plotters it has to be 2 gig or less. if it goes over that, half the plotters will not run it. There is a new chart coming called nav+ and Nav update. It should release end of next week. This is a 2 gig chart that will run on all humminbirds AND do sonarcharts. Its a 2 gig chart and when you register the chart it allows you to download ANYWHERE in the USA or Canada in fresh or saltwater. if you have an old chart, you can get Navonics UPDATE and it will only be $99.

12. Member
    Gold 2xg almost $300..Lake of the Woods $150...Platinum Canada $220

13. Member
    So I picked a Platinum East card a week or so ago. I have to go to the Navionics site and register? Then I will have the most up to date charts possible?

14. Member
    Thornskin... Gold should be $249. Platinum Canada Hot Maps would cover lake of the Woods. unless you have an older lake of the woods chart? Just don't want to see you pay more than needed. FYI SonarCharts will only work on your platinum chart. Did you register the chart online yet?

15. Member
    Raypla: Yes, please make sure you register withion 60 days. You can then update it and get the latest data as of yesterday. Plus on Platinum you will get sonarcharts but as you can see above, it is delayed. probably be mid summer. stil lwant to register now so that way when it does launch you can update every day to get the latest. Otherwise it will expire and you don't want that :)

16. Member
    My Lake of the Woods is an older chart. The Gold chart is $250 but remember I live in Canada and we are taxed to death! I hope the Sonar Chart mapping comes soon and not at the end of our short open water season otherwise I could have waited until next year to purchase my platinum card.

17. Member
    I purchased hotmaps platnum and it say uploading sonarcharts uploading is still beta. your website says it is excepting uploads. How do upload???

mike
    Boat: 2013 Nitro Z7
    Primary Propulsion: 150 L FourStroke
    Underwater Surveillance: HELIX 12 MEGA G2N & 1198 & 997
    Alternative Propulsion: Ultrex I-Pilot Link
    Shallow Water Anchor: ​ 12' Talon

18. Member
    How does the satellite overlay work? Is this something that would work for areas like south Louisiana where the mapping is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesled1 View Post
    I purchased hotmaps platnum and it say uploading sonarcharts uploading is still beta. your website says it is excepting uploads. How do upload???

mike
    Hi Mike - there are recording instructions at SonarCharts | Navionics. As well as a video.

You'll want to record to a blank card. Then just open Navionics World, and insert the chip. It will prompt you that it recognizes appropriate sonar files, and ask you if you want to upload.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    How does the satellite overlay work? Is this something that would work for areas like south Louisiana where the mapping is lacking.
    Many fisherman in coastal areas with a lot of small creeks and channels are often able to locate some additional potential navigable water by using the full overlays.
    there are some interesting screenshots I'll post up here shortly that show what I mean.

Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast