LSS2 Transducer Mounting Tips

I'm new to posting on the BBC but have read some good stuff here.

I just upgraded my electronics on my '05 2100DC, from LCX25c to a HDS8 Gen2. Has anybody got any good mounting tips for that behemoth transducer for the structure scan? I have a 8" Bob's hyd jackplate and was considering fabricating a mount to the side of this.

i always mounted them directly under the jack plate if possible after all 5 mph and above doesn't read no more

Does your Bob's have the water block off plate across the bottom? You could put it there.
    Fish Don't Have Hands!

4. Member
    Barry - did you mount direct or break away. I have been known to roll off of some Miss. river stumps and don't want to damage a $250 transducer.

TRS - No my Bob's doesn't have the water block off plate.

Mine is mounted on the Bob's Jackplate also, HDS7 and LSS-1, the LSS-1 is mounted on the jackplate using a bracket made from by Transducer shield, and i purchased it from BBG Marine. I am pretty sure Transducer shield makes a couple different brackets depending on if your using the LSS-1 or LSS-2.

Check out this link and you should be able to find how they are mounted to the jackplate.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/lowrance-ga...ere%2A%2A.html

This should give you a general idea. Just make sure you get the right bracket. Where are you located in IL? Any chance you where fishing Country on the River Tournament in Praire Du Chien last weekend, i saw a few other G-boats out there.

7. Member
    Bob - I live out by Hennepin, close to the IL river. My parents live on the Iowa side near Prairie DC but that wasn't me out there. I do love that pool and the Lansing pool as well and fish them both as often as possible.

I looked at Transducer shield website and they don't offer a shield for the LSS2 yet. Might have to fab my own.

Thanks for the tips all!

Here is a picture of the LSS-2 mounted with a Transducer shield. This is obviously a Slidemaster Jackplate, i would imagine if you talk to either Brian at BBG Marine or someone from Transducer Shield and Saver that they have what you are looking for and there website is not updated yet.

BBG Marine Electronics - BBG Marine Electronics

http://www.bbcboards.net/attachments...A-img_2436.jpg

9. Member
    Bob - after I posted last night I looked again on Transducer shield and inserted foot in mouth. I see they do have the LSS2 mount, as you pictured above. I also see they are proud of their products, over $200 for mount and L bracket.

I don't understand why all the LSS mounts I've seen have the cable running towards the motor, can't the right/left transducer settings be changed on the HDS? If so why not run the cable towards the transom where it is better protected by the mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Gambler05 View Post
    Bob - after I posted last night I looked again on Transducer shield and inserted foot in mouth. I see they do have the LSS2 mount, as you pictured above. I also see they are proud of their products, over $200 for mount and L bracket.

I don't understand why all the LSS mounts I've seen have the cable running towards the motor, can't the right/left transducer settings be changed on the HDS? If so why not run the cable towards the transom where it is better protected by the mount?
    No doubt that the Transducer Shield stuff is very expensive. I mounted mine the same as in the pictures with the cable towards the back, my jackplate was already pre-drilled when i bought it and there was not room to mount it the other way, and yes there is a setting on the HDS were you can flip flop the way it reads depending on which way you mount.

kNOck on wood...i have had/mounted/ran 3 different HUMMINBIRD, not LSS, SIDE Imaging transducers on 3 different boats now...
    NEVER have broken a single one while mounted on the transom just to the side and slightly below the JP...
    BUT...the only time i mounted one on the TM, i broke it within 2 months...
    MY 2cents...transducer shield is a must up front on TM, but on the rear if you will mount on the transom just south and east of the JP, YOU DO NOT have to buy the transducer shield...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8