Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

***Lowrance Help Topics, Networking Diagrams, Wiring Diagrams***

This thread is locked, please reply with any questions with a new topic.

Contact Lowrance
    How to Obtain Service in the U.S.A.
    Contact the Factory Customer Service Department:
    1-800-628-4487
    Mon-Fri 8:30 AM-4:45 PM Central Time (closed holidays).

Support web page
    http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Contact-Us/

Lowrance Canada
    1-800-661-3983
    for both technical and warranty support for Canadian customers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Networking Lowrance units with NMEA2000 (Lowrancenet)

First and foremost, the NMEA Network requires its own power connection to operate. It does not get power through
    the unit itself. The older LMS and LCX units had a set of wires on the unit power cable which could be used to power
    your network, this cable is labeled NMEA 2000 Power on a tag affixed to the cable.

HDS units require a power node to give power to the network. This comes in the starter kit or can be purchased
    separately. HDS units can not get NMEA power by using a LMS or LCX power cable. A power node can be seen in the
    diagrams below. Most important of all >Never use more than one power source for the NMEA connection.

Never apply two sources of power to the same NMEA network. If you have one unit or four units connected to a
    network it will require one NMEA power connection to operate the entire network. This is probably the biggest
    mistake made by most people, adding additional units to the same network and powering the network again.
    This will damage anything connected to the network. So always be sure your NMEA network is only getting power
    from one source no matter how many devices are attached. Cap off any older units nmea power cable and tie it
    back under the dash.

>>>The NMEA Network power must be put on a switched power source so you can shut it off when not in use.<<<
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This power cable diagram does not apply to HDS units it is meant for the LCX/LMS units.

Some boats come pre-rigged withe NMEA2000 network backbone from the boat manufacturer and may use a Power Node to supply power the network. This Power Node is hooked directly into a Tee in the network bus. If your boat has one of these on the network DO NOT power the NMEA power wires from either graph. It is already done. Powering it twice will cause damage to the Module, graph and any sensors. Below is a picture of a Lowrance power node for powering the NMEA2000 backbone on a red/black network. You can see in the diagrams further down how it connects to a T in the network. It is recommended to connect this to a switched power supply so it can be shut off.

Lowrance power node.jpg

Note** HDS Models would require a Power node to supply power to the Network Bus. This diagram below shows the network bus configured for networking 2 LMS or LCX units to one GPS module. In this case you would power your nmea network by connecting one of your LMS or LCX unit power cables marked NMEA 2000 Power to a switched power source. Important to connect this power from only one power cable, any additional units on the network just tape the nmea power wires off individually.

Please note these diagrams are older and will work for the Elite 7 models that have N2K capability. Also the Point 1 GPS module is a replacement for the LGC line and will work just fine in any N2K configuration.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Networking HDS Models with NMEA2000
    The Diagram below shows adding an external antenna, which is optional. If you are not hooking up an external antenna get rid of the extra Tee in the diagram.
    Please note if you are only interested in waypoint sharing all you need to do is connect the two HDS units with an Ethernet cable. No NMEA Network is required unless you are using network sensors like temperature, fuel, interface cables or an external gps module.
    The NMEA Network is totally expandable, just remove the terminator, add a Tee to plug in your new sensor or unit and replace the terminator back on the new end. It's that easy!

Two HDS units Networked
    * if you are still using an older LMS or LCX unit which is networked to an HDS unit it can still power the nmea network through its power cable. (HDS units can not do this) If you are switching to all HDS units you have to buy the NMEA Power node to power the network, shown in the diagram below.

One HDS unit with LGC-4000 antenna
    This diagram could also be used as a guide for One HDS unit with Sonic Hub or two Elite 7 units for waypoint sharing...

Network HDS to LMS or LCX unit to share the HDS internal GPS antenna

Network adaptor cables. Which one do I need?
    Red to blue? Blue to red?
    http://primus.lowrance.com/icr/NMEA%...0_adapters.htm

Parts needed to network two HDS Models:

1) NMEA Starter kit: N2K-EXP-RD-2 (#124-69)
    kit includes: Includes 2 terminating resistors (TR-120M-RD, TR-120F-RD),
    two T-connectors (N2K-T-RD), one 2 ft extension cable (N2KEXT-2RD),
    and one 15 ft extension cable (N2KEXT-15RD), and a power node (N2K-PWR-RD).
    $51.99*

1) T connector, N2K-T-RD #119-79 $14.99*

* prices at time of posting from

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waypoint sharing between units, clarification

Waypoint sharing with LMS or LCX units: A NMEA 2000 network must be used to share waypoints between these units. Ethernet will not allow waypoint sharing, only HDS models can use Ethernet for waypoints. Waypoint sharing with these older models will not automatically transfer all of your waypoints from one unit to another unit. This must be done manually with a card. Waypoint sharing works "one at a time" as you first create the waypoint, it will then transfer that data to the other unit. Both units must be powered on for it to transfer.

Wapoint sharing with HDS models: Ethernet will share waypoints as well as NMEA 2000. But with the Ethernet you will have advanced or enhanced waypoint sharing and editing which means the two units will auto synch with each other once connected and turned on. No manual tranfers needed. This is a great feature. You can edit a waypoint on one unit and the changes are made to the other(s) automatically once they are turned on. Other units do not have to be on during waypoint creation. Once connected it will synchronize the other units.
    Please note that the HDS5X model can be used to create and send a waypoint to other units in the network as long as it is networked to another unit which has GPS by using a NMEA2000 or 0183 network. Ethernet alone will not allow a 5X model to send waypoint information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wiring options for Structure Scan HD Module

In this wiring method you must place a switch on the yellow wire to break power contact or the module will run continuous.The switch is not a powered switch, it just breaks continuity in the yellow wire.

With this wiring method you will connect the yellow wake up wire of the SS HD module to a 12 volt powered accessory switch. It must be turned on to power up the module. This is a nice quick way for those who already have an unused accy switch on their console and wish to keep the SS power independent from the unit power.

With this option the yellow "wake up wire" from each HDS unit is connected to the yellow wake up wire of the module. Powering up any HDS unit will turn on the module. When multiple units are connected in this fashion the first unit turned on will start the module and the last unit shut down will shut off the module. Adding a switch on the yellow wire of the module is an option and will benefit those who may want to keep it from turning on and still use their units for GPS or 2D sonar. Note the switch is not a powered switch, it just breaks continuity in the yellow wire of the module when shut off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updating software in older units which came with the LGC2000 GPS Module
    Before doing the update to the unit you must make sure the update to the LGC2000 antenna is done first. This is very important. Read the update instructions page for the LGC2000 antenna, it tells you how to identify which version your antenna currently is using. If you do not update the antenna before updating the unit you will lose connectivity with the antenna and have to get it fixed or possibly replaced.
    I would suggest that you verify the antenna update has completed successfully before moving on to the next step of updating the head unit.

Use a smaller size SD card for updating older units using the LGC2000
    Some older units worked better if the card was smaller than 1 gig, a 256mb or 512mb SD would work great.

A Software update instructional video posted on Youtube

An HDS unit software update tutorial video from Lowrance

Link for information on HDS Insight Mapping
    http://primus.lowrance.com/sup...Goto5

-------------------------------------------------------
    Viewing your unit from inside your house:
    First you will need an extra power cable for your unit. You can purchase the regular power cable or get one that has the cig-lighter end on it. There are a few ways to power it from inside but i went to Radio Shack and bout a power supply w/lighter socket outlet. That part no is 22-165 and got the lighter plug to connect to my power cable and that part number is 270-035. Always make sure you have the correct fuse size for the unit.

Power supply: Enercell 12V/1A Power Supply w/ Vehicle Power Socket : Power Supplies | RadioShack.com

Lighter Plug: Enercell 12VDC/7.5A Vehicle Power Plug w/ LED : Vehicle Power Plugs | RadioShack.com

Setting up HDS 2D Sonar and Structure Scan - By Jason Gilstrap (Lowrance ProStaff)
    Jason has put together a video on his website on setting up your unit. Click on the link below to view:
    Tips on Lowrance HDS 2D Sonar and Structure Scan Settings
    Last edited by MarkNY; 04-06-2014 at 11:44 AM. Reason: added info

Re: Diagrams for networking NMEA2000 (Mark from NY)

Experiment with GPS module locations when installing
    Do not drill holes in your gelcoat to permanently mount the GPS module until you have experimented with reception. Some GPS modules will work ok mounted close to the head unit, others tend to have reception problems. Use 2 sided tape or a small dab of silicon to temporarily mount the antenna, at least until you are sure no reception problems are evident.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lowrance Reset Procedures
    The reset procedures below work with most newer LMS units, also with LCX and HDS units. If you want a pdf with reset procedures for all models go to Lowrance website and type in Lowrance Resets in the support page self help search field.

A reset usually clears up missing pages and menu items, it reorganizes the software when a problem occurs. It may correct gps connectivity problems as well as transducer problems. Always try the soft reset first and see if your problems are corrected before moving on to the hard reset.
    Always shut down the unit with its own power button and never by unplugging it or disconnecting the power supply from the battery. This causes problems and is one of the main reasons resets are needed.

Soft Reset HDS units
    (does not delete user data)
    --turn unit OFF
    --press and hold the PAGES button
    --press and release the LIGHT/POWER button
    --release all buttons when the USA map appears

For LMS/LCX units do the same as above but continue to hold both buttons until the map screen appears.

Hard Reset HDS units
    (deletes stored user data such as waypoints and trails) Back up your files to a SD card first!

--turn unit OFF
    --press and hold both the ZIN and ZOUT buttons
    --press and release the LIGHT/POWER button
    --release all buttons when the USA map appears

LMS/LCX units do the same except press and hold all three buttons until map screen appears.

Your unit will reset to factory default, you may need to allow extra time for the unit to reinitialize gps position. This may take a few extra minutes on the first gps position lock. You will also have to do your overlays over unless you previously saved your custom settings to a SD card for reloading.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HDS units power cable

Before installing your HDS unit check the NMEA 0183 wires from the power cable and make sure they are capped or snipped off. If your not using these wires just simply clip the exposed wire back to the insulation. Lowrance inadvertently shipped some units out with these wires pre-stripped which causes a lot of problems if they touch together. Problems like the GPS speed reading extremely high...
    Always cap off any unused wires on the power cable, this goes for any of the other models as well.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Connecting Mercury Monitor to Lowrance

The following contributed by member cjmartin315 "Jay Martin"
    Thanks Jay for the excellent instructions ~ Mark

So for everyone who tries this after me.... With and HDS 10 (and HDS 8 based on Jim's info) here is how to do it! Use the diagram in this post:

There are five wires in the HDS communication bundle:
    Yellow
    Orange
    Blue
    Green
    Bare

Hook the yellow Lowrance wire to the white wire with Blue Stripe from the MercMonitor.
    Hook the Bare wire to the Blue Wire with White Stripe from the MercMonitor AND hook both to ground. I used the ground at the fuse block under the dash.

Press Menu twice, select Network, Turn NEMA 0183 communication on, select NEMA 0183 Sentences. On the sentences screen, I selected all of them under GPS and all other categories.

I also did a MASTER RESET on the MercMonitor after all was completed. It re-recognized my motor. You need to select Settings, then Speed, turn Pilot Tube OFF and Paddlewheel OFF. Turn GPS Enable to ON, and turn USE GPS SPEED to Yes. Exit out and all was well.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Connecting HDS unit to a Veethree GPS Speedometer

Lowrance wires on HDS are as follows:

Yellow TX (+) to Veethree RX (+)
    Blue TX (-) to Veethree RX (-)
    Orange RX (+) cap off
    Green RX (-) cap off
    Shield (Ground) cap off

Make sure NMEA 0183 GPS output is selected in comport 2
    Last edited by MarkNY; 08-08-2013 at 02:37 PM. Reason: added info 8/13

3. Member

Re: Diagrams for networking NMEA2000 (Mark from NY)

Linking two units through NMEA 0183 to share a GPS module
    This does not allow waypoint sharing

After you have the units wired as per diagram you will need set up nmea0183 in each unit. Here's how: locate "Communications Port" in the menu. Depending on which unit it is this is usually located in 2nd menu under System Setup. Some older units may be different.

The unit that has the gps module connected to it is referred to as the "host unit"

Enter communications port of host unit (antenna unit) and set unit to send NMEA0183 or sometimes called GPS out
    Enter communications port of receiving unit and set this unit to receive NMEA0183

The host unit must always be turned on to use gps on the receiving unit.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Re: Diagrams for networking NMEA2000 (Yanky Bob)

Installing a shoot through the hull transducer

Ok, took pics yesterday while installing. Let's get this straight, I'm no professional. Followed Lowrance's directions and a few tips from here (BBC board). This was done on a '05 SX190 Skeeter boat.

Feel free to criticize my installation or praise it.

Here is the existing transducer in the hull.

I ended up breaking the ducer so i cut the wires.

Finally got the ducer out. Skeeter has a hole about 1/2" deep in the bilge area.

As you can see, i cleaned the area around the "hole" with acetone and also took a little grinder and smoothed out the hole. After that, i took sand paper and made a pass around the area to "rough" it up then cleaned it up with acetone real good. I made the putty dam out of plumbers putty. Then put the epoxy that was supplied by lowranc in there. As you can tell, i didn't need the putty dam as the hole was deep enough to contain the epoxy.

I roughed up the bottom of the transducer with sand paper and then applied a thin layer of epoxy to it per Lowrance's directions.

I then set the transducer into the hole and epoxy. Then got my ol brick to weight it down. Believe me with no weight, it wants to mover and turn around, not matter where you put the wires at.

As of this morning, here is the finished product.

Oh, the extra "hole" you see was me going to put the new ducer in another spot cause i couldn't get the old one out. I only sanded down about a 1/16" away. After a little more effort on the old ducer, i was able to get it out. Now, all i have to do today is put everything back like it was and hoping for it to work right.

I hope this helps people out on their mission of installing a transducer on their own.

YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member

Networking 2 LSS-1 Units (for StructureScan/DownScan on Bow and Stern)

Here is the diagram how to wire two LSS-1 units together so you can enjoy front side scanning/downscan with transom sidescanning/downscan.

Best of all worlds! Only problem is that you will spend more time having fun with your electronics that you will forget fishing!

ciao,
    Marc

6. Member

Re: Lowrance Contact info, Networking Diagrams and other tips (Mark from NY)

Transferring Waypoints from HDS to Endura.

with pic's when click on the link.

http://www.lowrance.com/upload...a.pdf

Step 1: Insert a microSD card into a standard SD adapter, then place adapter into the card slot on your HDS unit. Press the Pages key and scroll to the utilities page, select Files and press Enter.
    Step 3: Select the output format as GPX (GPS Exchange), this is the format that your Endura uses for all waypoints, trails, and routes.
    Note: Endura units can only import .gpx files that are no larger than 3 MB each. To check the size of your data file on you HDS, highlight “Waypoints, Routes and Trails” and press menu and select details.
    09/03/2010
    Step 2: Highlight Waypoints, Routes and Trails and press Menu and select export.
    Step 4: Select the memory card destination for the GPX file.
    Step 5: Remove the microSD card from the SD adapter. Insert the microSD card with the HDS gpx file on it into the card slot on the bottom of the Endura unit.
    Step 6:
    The Endura will ask “Import GPX from Card?” Select “yes”. The Endura will then process the GPX file and add it to your onboard waypoint and trails list.* This may take a few minutes to process. Once this is complete, you can return your microSD card and SD adapter back to your HDS unit if you wish.
    *The Endura will need to be power cycled off then back on for the waypoint data to appear in the unit.
    Jason Gilstrap / Lowrance Pro Staff

LSS-1 Light Codes

LSS-1 Coverage Diagram

8. Member

Re: (KandMComputers)

Sharing Transducers temps.

HDS settings when using Network Sonar

Network sonar enables Multiple HDS units to share a single sonar source, or to change all units in the network from source to source. There are a few settings that need to be changed so that network sonar does not change where the unit is looking for its sonar overlay data (depth/temperature). With network sonar enabled you are only able to display one set of sonar data at a time, if you wish to show the depths and temperatures from different transducers network sonar must be turned off. *Running two transducers at the same time can cause cross talk interference.
    There are two ways to network HDS units and use Network Sonar:
    • Ethernet only: Allows sonar data to be shared only while network sonar is enabled. When network sonar is enabled on both units you will only be able to use one sonar source (data from one transducer) at a time.
    • Ethernet and NMEA2000: Allows sonar data to be shared via network sonar. Also allows sonar overlay data to be shared via NMEA2000 network when network sonar is disabled. (Can show temp from one unit on another)
    To enable/disable Network Sonar:
    Menu&gt;Menu&gt;Sonar&gt;Network sonar. (This dot must be highlighted in both units before network sonar will function. To disable it only has to be turned off on one of the two units.)

Setting the Temp and Depth source:
    Setting the temp and depth source will allow the unit to display the active sonar data while network sonar is enabled and to display its own data when network sonar is disabled.
    Menu&gt;Menu&gt;Network&gt;Data sources…&gt;Sonar&gt;Water temperature&gt;Menu&gt;Scope&gt;Local
    Then set the active source as HDS-# Sonar [This Device]
    This must be performed on at least one of the two HDS in a network; it can be done to both.
    Follow the same procedure for Depth.

Data Source Selection menu when networked with Ethernet and NMEA2000.

Data Source Selection menu when networked with only Ethernet.

&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
    Modified by Jason Gilstrap LOWRANCE at 5:50 PM 10/11/2011

&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
    Modified by Jason Gilstrap LOWRANCE at 7:26 PM 10/11/2011

Modified by Jason Gilstrap LOWRANCE at 7:29 PM 10/11/2011

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Re: (Jason Gilstrap LOWRANCE)

Saving your Overlay data to a file.
    Pages>Utilities>Files>Settings>Menu>Export
    At that point then you can name it whatever you want. In the event that you change/add/delete/move, etc. the overlay and save it you can overwrite the existing file (assuming that file is kept on the units internal memory or on the SD card.

Once that is done i would recommend that you keep a copy on the SD card and on your PC at home in the event you need it again.

If you get another HDS unit and you want to use the same overlay data settings then just copy the file on to a SD card and place into the new unit. Then access the card on the unit.

Pages>Utilities>Files>Memory Card, Then highlight the overlay file>Menu>Import. Once you import it, the overlay data will be placed on the unit. Now there is no need to sit around setting up a new unit.

Last edited by MarkNY; 08-05-2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: fixed encoding errors from old boards

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Re: (fishin couillon)

Recording and viewing your sonar log on your unit.

First you will want to record your log onto your SD card, why cause there is very limited space on the internal memory to store the data. Here are a few screen shots on setting that up.

Menu>Sonar>Log Sonar.

Then you will be able to name the file what you want and chose to record the file on the SD card.

If you have the Structure Scan system and want to include the side scan and down scan in the recording then you MUST have "log all channels" option turned on.

Now once you get the recording, you can play it back on your unit and even mark waypoints on things that may be of interest.

Pages>Utilities>Files>Memory card>your recored file.

Once it's highlighted then hit enter or menu. "Enter" will automatically start the sonar viewer on the unit. Once it comes on then you can change the screens as need from sonar, side scan or down scan. For each viewing you can change a few items such as color palatte, sensitivity, etc. During the viewing if you want to mark a waypoint all you do is move the cursor to the object and hit the waypoint button. Then you can get out of the viewer when done, go over to the chart, find waypoint and edit name, etc.

Last edited by MarkNY; 08-05-2012 at 05:41 PM. Reason: fixed encoding errors from old boards.

Re:

Changing HDS refresh rate to update on "time" 1xsecond.
    This may help when approaching waypoints to keep the map from turning erratically. The default setting is automatic. Changing this will increase the points on your trails using them up faster. You may want to try both settings and see which way you prefer it.

Press menu twice, hylight chart then press enter, arrow down to "waypoints, routes, trails" and press enter. Use right arrow and hylight trails, then press menu, arrow down and hylight settings and press enter. In box called logging type change that to time. Then in box below that which says time period change it to 1 sec then exit back out.

12. Member

Re: Re: (Mark from NY)

Net working Sonar

13. Member

How to convert Humminbird Waypoints and Trails to Lowrance..

Using GPS Babel to convert Humminbird waypoints to Lowrance format
    Free download at http://www.gpsbabel.org/

First download your waypoints from your Humminbird locator onto an Sd card. Note that Humminbird uses different files for waypoints and routes (.hwr) and tracks (.ht) You can convert both. Lowrance uses a common .usr file for waypoints, routes, and tracks.

Next download a free conversion program called GPSBabel (GPSBabel Download).

Humminbird to Lowrance Conversion

Launch the GPSBabel program and select Humminbird Waypoints as the input. Browse to your waypoint file and select it.

Select Lowrance USR as your output file and provide a name for the new Lowrance .usr file to be created.

Select Apply and the program will convert the waypoints and place the newly formatted output file in the destination you chose.

Copy the new Lowrance .usr file onto an Sd card and upload it into your Lowrance Unit.

Frequently asked questions regarding wiring of the Structure Scan module.

Does the yellow wire of the SS module need to be hooked up to anything?

-Yes, it has to be connected to the HDS units yellow wire which is bundled with the power cable. When
    the HDS unit is turned on it will turn on the SS module and turn it off when the HDS unit is turned off.
    There are other wiring methods as you will see in the next set of questions.

What if I want to shut off the console unit and fish from the bow but still want the SS module on?
    -You can connect the yellow wires from both units to the SS module, the first unit turned on will in turn power on the SS module.
    The last unit to shut off will also shut off the SS module.

What if I want to use my unit for only 2D sonar and GPS and don’t need the SS module powered?
    -You can wire it as above but split the circuit using a toggle switch. Or you can wire the SS module as the manual calls method B
    in your SS installation manual. This method has you wire the yellow wire from the SS module to a 12V accessory switch. You will then
    have the ability to turn the SS module on at will, totally independent from any HDS unit. You would then just cap off the yellow wires
    of your HDS units. They will not be used with wiring method B.

Does the red wire of the SS module need to go to a switch too?
    -No, the red (power) and black (ground) should go to your battery. Use the fuse assembly that is provided with your LSS on your
    red wire. Some people wire it to their fuse block under the dash, this is ok if you have a good location with clean power.
    Some older boats did not provide many good wiring options so wiring these directly to your battery may be your best option.
    Last edited by MarkNY; 04-25-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Adding a dedicated fuse block to run your electronics

1. Use a 6 or 12 place fuse block (depends how many devices you want to run)
    Mount it up under your console in a dry location.
    The ones shown below are a Blue Sea Systems 5026 ST Blade Fuse Block,
    and also a six accessory fuse blocks # 5025 ST
    Got mine online through West Marine.

2. Use 10-12ga tinned marine grade wire from the battery to feed the fuse block.
    (tinned wire is special purpose wire for marine applications to help resist corrosion)
    Some will argue automotive wiring is ok to use but thats up to you. I recommend using
    tinned marine grade wire. Remember why we are doing this to begin with? keeping out corrosion in an unfriendly moist atmosphere and to keep our electronics power supply in tip top condition! Use dielectric grease on all your connections, even the unit connector pins.

3. Use a manual reset circuit breaker at your battery instead of a fuse.
    A 15amp should be plenty for just fishfinders and accessories like SS HD, NMEA 2000 power on the 6 place fuse block
    You could go to a 20amp when installing the bigger 12 place fuse block because you will presumeably have more devices drawing power.
    You should count up the amps that the circuit will be pulling and add a reasonable cusion.
    Make sure its a manual reset breaker. If there is something wrong and
    your system trips you don't need it to continue trying to reset on its own.

4. In the event a Lowrance power cable doesn't reach the fuse block (like your bow finder probably will not) match the size of the power cable wires (usually 16ga) and solder in the additional length and seal your connections with heat shrink tubing.
    Many people want to go with larger wire here like 12 or 14ga, you shouldn't go from smaller to a larger
    gauge wire without using a fuse. Keep with the same size wire that your Lowrance power cable uses to reach the fuse block.

5. Make sure you install the Lowrance recommended size fuse for your particular device into your fuse block. The fuse sizes for Lowrance products are in the manual. When you buy your new unit good thing to do is write on the box and inside your manual what size fuse came with it.

A 6 and 12 device fuse block with ground bus.

Please Note that Blue Sea makes different models of these.
    Be sure to buy one that includes the negative bus.

Use a Manual reset circuit breaker like this near the battery connection.
    This will protect the wiring running through your boat.

Last edited by MarkNY; 10-27-2014 at 08:42 AM.

This thread has been locked. Please reply with any questions by starting a new thread. If you have information that would be useful to this thread please contact me or fishin couillon and we can unlock it for you. Thanks
    Last edited by MarkNY; 04-25-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Yamaha® Engine Connection for NMEA 2000® Messages
    http://www.lowrance.com/Global/Lowra...Connection.pdf

18. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    HDS System Over view: http://lowranceprostaff.dk/download/...emOverview.pdf

What Ethernet does over N2K:

19. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Link to Lowrance FTP site where older software versions.

ftp://software.lowrance.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast