Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member

Re: (ZL)

Fished a benefit tournament out of Hilltop Inn today. There were 117 boats fishing for a good cause.

We finished 6th with 5 fish going 8.52lbs after culling three. Caught around 20 keepers, but no size. Culled two dinks with 5 minutes left. The males are up on the bank for sure, the females are scared of me. First was 11lbs something, big bast 4 something.

2. Member

Are the party runners out or what. Pre-fished Saturday, hooked two 3lbers and shook off a few. Then the HOG of the area bit. I pitched to a pocket and my line shot 30 feet towards the boat. Set the hook, then immediately thought I had a giant Catfish, then I seen the open mouth coming to the top, I shook her off after giving her a work out and face lift. Easily over 5lbs. Just hope she bites again when I need her too. Some fish are on the beds, some males and females on the same bed. Other fish are still cruising.

Any of the locals been out lately, yall have been plenty quiet?

3. Member

I'm out of commission at the moment....had a massive tread seperation on one of the tires on my trailer and havent gotten a chance to get new tires yet. (I'm just glad it didn't happen on the road) I'm hoping to put the boat in Friday afternoon to go check my spots out.

4. Member

I have not been around the area yet this year. I will be taking my two young sons (7,4) out sat looking for anything that will bite. If anyone know where I can catch a few fish with them please let me know. Not planning on going to far because they may lose interest after sitting without catching.

5. Member

Re: (yella225)

I'm going to TRY and go again this Friday....I got the tires fixed, but now my jackplate's on the fritz. I'll let ya'll know if I go and do any good - I'll probably be putting in at Port Vincent.

6. Member

Re: (Hydrasports205)

Temps in the 80's should be good weather, my buddy won the CMN St. James launch division with 10.5lbs. I didn't catch a fish all day, all the rain made the one spot I was going to fish extremely muddy. All those fish were caught flippin. I had one over 5lbs pre-fishing, but now its just a FISH STORY.

7. Member

Any luck?
    My neighbor and I caught 10 bass over 12 inches, 22 goggle eye, and 2 sacalait this saturday down the river. Males are preparing the beds for the likely the last good spawnig wave on the upcoming full moon. Seen a few on beds that wouldn't touch anything, they just kept swimming in circles. All fish caught on baby brush hogs (redbug) and Manns Hardnose worm (TequillaSunrise). Beetle spin for the Google eye and sacalait.

Fishing for me has been as good as ever in the area! What Storm?

8. Member

I brought me 7 and 4 year old out and we managed to catch a limit of trees. LOL
    We caught 2 bass and a hand full of brim. They wanted to ride more thna fish but we had a good time. I did see a few fish on beds and was able to catch one about 2 lbs

9. Member

Re: (yella225)

Glad to hear ya'll did ok....I had to sacrifice my fishing time this weekend to put together a swingset. Maybe next weekend.....this work stuff is for the birds.

10. Member

Finally got out Friday for a few hours....went to PJ's in Sorrento and fished the New River out to P. Amite and the Blind River. Didn't get a hit, had one bream follow a beetlespin back to the boat. Anybody done any good out there? I thought the fishing might have improved some since last year, but it still looked pretty dead.

11. Member

Its alive and well, but I'm not ready to spill on my spot just yet.

12. Member

I hear ya man....It might've just been an off day. I'm planning on heading out tomorrow to try my spots around port vincent...hopefully I'll be able to beat the rain. I used to have some real good spots off the blind - I would've checked all of em out, but the water pressure on the motor wasn't what I like it to be and it was wanting to run a little hot so I packed it in.

13. Member

Weather wasn't good friday, but it started to change around dark - fish started to turn on too. Caught 3 nice fish in short order before dark caught me and I had to pack it in.

14. Member

There you go! You should try one of the Wednesday night tournaments out of the Canal Bank Club.

15. Member

Boy you don't want me fishin those tournaments....if i used my secret weapon I'd put a whoopin on ya'll!

16. Member

Amite/Blind River

Going fishing on wednesday in amite/blind river area. anyone have any luck out there catching bass or anything recently?? any help would be appreciated.

thanks

17. Member

Re: Amite/Tickfaw Reports (Chad)

Been catching a few on the tickfaw near the lake on just about anything. the smaller rivers are muddy. bite is pretty consistent regardless of the weather. mostly small bass though. still, its better than work. cranks, texas rigged worms, spinnerbaits, white n black or silver n black colors, a little green or chartruse doesnt hurt. my uncles swear by red crankbaits, but i never try it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Geoff Bel
    08 Blazer 210 Pro V w/07 Mercury 250 Pro XS

18. Member

Re: Amite/Tickfaw Reports (jeff210)

put in the amite at carew harris rd. went up river a little ways, caught 1 little bass, couldn't get a bite on anything, killed 1 cottonmouth.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234