Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned

Re: (ldtr21ky)

I've been on yatesville a couple times a week for the past three weeks or so. I've been wrecking them in ~12 ft of water. Jigs and swimbaits have been my tools. I've not fished past Daniels branch either. Me and a friend have averaged 6 or 7 keepers in a couple hours each outing.

2. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar

Re: (bassinbrad)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by bassinbrad &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">I've been on yatesville a couple times a week for the past three weeks or so. I've been wrecking them in ~12 ft of water. Jigs and swimbaits have been my tools. I've not fished past Daniels branch either. Me and a friend have averaged 6 or 7 keepers in a couple hours each outing. </td></tr></table>

Man I need to go fishing with you I'm skunked right now.
    BIG BASS

3. Banned

Re: (JER-1 BIG BASS)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by JER-1 BIG BASS &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Man I need to go fishing with you I'm skunked right now.
    BIG BASS</td></tr></table>

Anytime

Re: Yatesville Lake Reports Posted Here (Mike Daleo)

Had a good weekend minus the wind. Fished Saturday morning and caught between 10 and 15 bass about 15-16" long the biggest went about 2.5lbs. Caught them on a spinner bait and a Jika Rig. All fish came out of the mouths of the hollows and if you can find the shad then you are on the fish.
    2020 Ranger Z520L 250 Pro XS 4

Re: Yatesville Lake Reports Posted Here (Yatesville Junkie)

Fished Saturday for about 4 hours and had a blast. Windy. Spinnerbait was on. Caught the majority of them on the spinnerbait and some on a Jika Rig too. Caught about 15 total and 4 keepers one that went about 4.5lbs. All big fish came on the spinnerbait. Caught them in the brush and trees in the backs of the hollows. Find the shad and your good to go. Lake was down about 2 feet and water temp was 54 deg.

6. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by Yatesville Junkie &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Fished Saturday for about 4 hours and had a blast. Windy. Spinnerbait was on. Caught the majority of them on the spinnerbait and some on a Jika Rig too. Caught about 15 total and 4 keepers one that went about 4.5lbs. All big fish came on the spinnerbait. Caught them in the brush and trees in the backs of the hollows. Find the shad and your good to go. Lake was down about 2 feet and water temp was 54 deg.</td></tr></table>

Man I'm gonna haft to go fishing with you , about 1:30 pm sat they finally started hitting got 5 in about 30 mins. and only big one was 2.10 on a bandit white chartuese striped crankbait,
    Just which hollows do I need to get back up in and have some catch and release fun, and how far you can IM me if you don't wanna post the spots, mums the word,thanks
    BIG BASS

Re: Yatesville Lake Reports Posted Here (JER-1 BIG BASS)

IM sent

8. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by Yatesville Junkie &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">IM sent</td></tr></table>
    Thanks
    BIG BASS

Re: Yatesville Lake Reports Posted Here (Mike Daleo)

Was out about 2 weeks ago, muddy and water was low and about 46. No fish, but really didn't fish hard as we were testing new gear.

10. Member

Fished Yatesville last weekend on Saturday, water was still mid 40s and muddy even near the dam. Lake was still at winter pool, didn't have many bites. Anyone else been out on the water the last couple days since the warmer weather has moved in? Is the lake still very muddy and down?

11. Member
    fishig a club this sat. been on lake twice 15 years ago (ANY TIPS OR SPOTS) any help guys?

12. Member
    Planning a trip saturday. Any help would be appreciated! Taking my crappie rod and bass gear. Only been there once last year and caught alot of small bass.

13. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Fished it march 27 th all day , water was up earlier , but they dropped the hell out of it, it's about 5 to 7 feet low. Usually this time of year it's flooded high. It's messed the fish up for a while caught a 4 lb on a crankbait , only one all day buddy in his boat none.
    Big Bass

JER-1,

Nice to see someone post on this lake, have never been able to find much recent information on it. Been thinking of making a trip down there this year, and was wondering how often you fish it and have any suggestions on lure types, areas of the lake to fish ect?

Thanks,

15. Member
    We will be fishing this lake the next2 days and will report.

16. Member
    Was on water Friday,water 10 ft below full pool made fishing shallow a non issue did manage 6 on the sandy bank drop offs fish were not relating to wood cover that was scarce as of yet. Fish that were caught were not green yet but
    bellies full of eggs.for baits used etc send a Pm..thx for those that pointed us in right direction especially yatesville junkie
    Last edited by Avantafishski; 03-24-2017 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Cant spell

17. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Yatesville lake

august 24,2018
    greenbriar creek water temp bout 80*
    main Lake up in little blain bout 77*
    catching short fish
    bigger fish 17’to 28’ deep
    water pretty clear clean.

18. Member
    Do people fish the Rich Creek area or is it not worth the hassle?

Mike

19. Member
    depends on time of year right now water will look alot better there than at marina but be careful its shallow in spots
    Brent Christian,
    Ashland, Kentucky

93 Bullet 20xrd 1993 Yamaha Prov 150 1 3/4 below pad 27p Shooter 12imch Jackplate
    1993 Ranger 397v 20 Foot Fish And Ski 235 Evinrude (Sold)
    1989 Gemini 189GT 18 foot 200 Johnson Gt looper, 10in Jackplate, Hotfoot, 81 mph gps (Sold)
    1978 Checkmate BassMate "Oldie But Goldie" 88 spl Johnson. (Sold)

20. Member
    Thanks for the heads up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast