Laurel River Lake Reports Posted Here

Please post your Laurel River Lake reports in this thread

2. Member

Re: Laurel River Lake Reports Posted Here (mikedaleo)

09/05
    Water temps where in the 78-82 degree mark
    Water clarity was 3-4ft in most areas

Morning and evening fishing was extremely dissapointing. I found some really good stick up but only saw a fish or two.

Worked jigs, deep running crankbaits, and spinnerbaits.

All in all I was extremely dissapointed since we did catch some fish at Barren 2 days before.

http://www.billymarlin.net
    \"If at first you don\'t succeed, then skydiving definitely isn\'t for you!\"

Re: Laurel River Lake Reports Posted Here (fishingmarlin)

anyone catching any at laurel?

4. Member

Whats going on at Laurel this early? Help

Any one fishing Laurel yet? Whats going on.

Re: Whats going on at Laurel this early? Help (fishumup)

well, i fished a club tournament at laurel on sat. same day as pittsburg tx. boats were everywhere. ran up the river first thing, looked like it was turning over. water was really dark. didnt catch a fish, it was 11 am. decided to run back up the lake. (i havent been there in 2 years) pulled into a creek and saw a good looking bank. caught a good largemouth on a secondary point, proceeded to catch two more ky's on the same point. continued down the bank. saw a shallow point with a good drop on one side, wind was hittin it hard. made a long cast with a jig on the point. once i pulled it off the point WHAM!!!!!! my jig was in the middle of the lake. rared back and slammed'er. ended up to be a 4.6 smallie. one more point down, caught two more largmouths. so, ended up with 2 ky's, 3 lm, and a smallie. 6 fish and had 14lbs. had the 4.6 smallie and got beat in big fish by a 4.7 smallie. pretty good day, points with wind proved to be where it was at. for me anyways. pittsburg tx took 20lbs to win i believe. 75 boats, would have ended up in 7th or 8th if i fished it i believe. anyways it was a fun day on the water and got a good sun burn that is still killin the back of my neck lol.

Re: Whats going on at Laurel this early? Help (flippindrew)

Well, got my new 200 opti and went to laurel today to finish breaking it in. WHAT A HORRIBLE DAY FOR BREAKING IN AN ENGINE. The lake was on fire! Second cast caught a 3 lber on a jerbait. 2 more casts later partner caught a 2. Continued down the same bank flipping a jig around wood. Caught 8 more keepers, they were RIGHT ON THE BANK. 1 was a 3 1/2 lb smallie. Ran up the river to another bank with some good wind and wood. Within 5 min had one around 5 and a 4. On that same bank with a jig caught 5 more keepers all were lgs around 2-3 1/2 lbs. Great day. All fish were right on the bank and killing a jig. Did eventually get the motor broke in though. Weather was awesome and it was one of the funnest days Ive had all year. Good luck! Took pics of almost all fish, will post them when I get them developed.

Modified by flippindrew at 8:38 PM 4/15/2006

7. Member

Laurel River Lake

Spent last weekend at the lake. Below are results

Lg mth - Caught in dirty water up river on lizzards and x-rap wht jerk baits. Fair action early and late

Spots - Found some at rock ledges next to wooded areas in back of creeks. water temp about 64.5

Smallys - Found some off secondary points in back of coves. water temp around 65

Walleye - Secondary points catchin on wht and blk/rd spinner baits. Very early and late into the dark of night.

Hope this helps someone

cya

Re: Laurel River Lake (fishumup)

Got a couple of guys in the OH/IN/KY Bass Club forum that need some info on this lake, can anyone go over and help?

9. Member

Anything lately?

Heading down to Laurel this weekend. Anybody been down there lately? With the coole nights this week what will be the effect down there? Will the bass start coming out of the deeper ledges and start hunting the more shallow waters?

10. Member

Re: Anything lately? (WGPuckett)

Anyone cathing anything on laurel????

Modified by Mac "D" at 6:07 AM 11/28/2009

Re: Anything lately? (Mac "D")

Any laurel reports to be had???

Re: Anything lately? (catfishkid)

Back from Laurel.

7/30-31

water temp 83-86
    Clarity 3-4 feet

worked spinners, cranks, and some plastic worms with no avail in the late evening.

Rained out this morning...

Would love to try and find fish at this lake...

13. Member

Re: Anything lately? (catfishkid)

Going to Laurel lake the weekend of May 21-22. Have never be there, any ideal were to try for Bass?.

1987 Procraft 1780V, 150 Mercury XR2 Blackmax and now a 2021 Ranger Z185, 150 Pro XS.

DAV / U.S. Army 88-91.

anyone been on Laurel recently?

15. Member
    Heard some fish are being caught early morning on Spinner baits, late evening on the same. All I got.

Steven Eversole, KY
    BLAZER 202 PRO V / MARINER 225 SUPER MAG

16. Member
    Looks like this thread is pretty dead. I was told by a local in Corbin that the lake has really come on and improved for Bass Fishing. Can anyone confirm this?

17. Member
    Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed in most of these threads on fishing reports. I am hoping to try Laurel River lake sometime this summer. I hear it's more clear than Lake Cumberland.
    2022 Tracker PT 195 TXW
    Mercury Pro XS 150hp Four stroke
    Minn Kota Terrova 55 TM 12 volt
    Garmin Echomap 73sv on Console
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv on bow
    Garmin Livescope GLS 10

18. Member
    I just started tournament fishing a little over two years ago. The bags have went from taking 20 something pounds to win down into the single digits on a 5 fish limit. You still see some bags in the teens but nothing like it was. I fished a fall tournament which typically had 30 to 40 boats. Less than 10 boats would have fish to weigh in with the winner around 8 pounds for 3 fish. When I first started fishing I had never seen so many 5 pound plus fish weighed in. Now it's about how many keeper spot's you can catch. During the summer you have a tournament every day except Wednesday and Sunday. Then covid happened and everyone wanted to be on the lake. I guess they hauled them out by the truck loads.
    Currently the water temp is around 43 degrees. The water is clear and the shad looked like they where starting to die off over the weekend.
    2020 Ranger RT178C
    Bow: Garmin 93sv uhd & livescope
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Console: Garmin 73sv uhd
    Cumberland Crappie spider rig