Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Taylorsville Lake Reports Posted Here

Please post your reports for Taylorsville Lake in this thread

2. Member

Re: Taylorsville Lake Reports Posted Here (mikedaleo)

Fished 10/7
    Water temp was 72 degrees and stained. Shad are up in the back of creeks but could not find any big fish among them. Moved out and started fishing mouths of creeks and main lake point. Are biggest fish of the day 4lbs+ came off a main lake point in 18ft of water on a jig.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

Re: Taylorsville Lake Reports Posted Here (blazenmusky)

That's a great fish! Good report

Wed. Oct. 26, 2005

Fished from 1 PM until 6 PM.

Weather was sunny with a some high fluffy clouds and the high temp in the afternoon was about 55 or so. Wind was moderate, blowing fairly hard most of the afternoon.

Water Temp was about 61 degrees with water clarity going from stained to relatively clear and 1.6 feet below normal pool.

Fished up Salt River and on some main lake points that led to big coves. Partner killed me! Actually it was a rather slow day but we did catch a few fish on spinnerbaits and jigs. Partner (Mike Daleo) did catch more than me including a couple of small stripers. LOTS & LOTS of shad...big shad!! However, didn't see anything really feeding on them.

Great afternoon but fairly tough fishing conditions.

out of possible 5 for the fishing.

5. Member

Taylorsville Lake This Year

I hope to fish Taylorsville this year. I lie 30 minutes from the ramp, but never go there due to previous failures. I know there a good fish in there. So much cover, where do ya start. I used to fish a ditch in the back of a major tributary about 10 years ago with decent luck. Any tips/techniques (deep/shallow cover- fast/slow presentations) are appreciated. Dave

Taylorsville Lake: Wed. July 26th, 2006

Fished from 6:20 AM to 1:30 PM

Water temp 79 at launch and 82 by end of day.

Water clarity: Slightly stained to stained....GREAT color.

The lake is .1 over summer pool.

Air temp was upper 70's at the start of the day and heated up from there. It was a hot day, but VERY windy!! Breeze felt great but it was actually hard to control the boat! Scattered clouds existed but it did not seem to help the top water bite.

I was fun fishing with Bumble Bee (Mike Cassell) and we caught approximately 9 or 10 fish with 2 that would have kept. We both had one keeper but mine was bigger! Mike caught a couple of fish on top water but most of our fish came on jigs, tubes or worms in 3 to 10 feet of water. Mike caught his first ever Shaky Head bass as well! The blue gill were very active!! I even had them wearing me out while I was fishing a 10 inch power worm!!

We were fishing main lake points and banks where the wind was hitting it....which were a lot of banks! We had a fun day and quite a bit of activity!

Tight Lines!

Taylorsville Lake: Thursday, August 31, 2006
    Fished from 11:00 AM to 3:30 PM

Water temp 75 at launch and 78 by end of day.

Water clarity: Slightly stained.

The lake is .5 over summer pool.

Air temp was around 70 when I started and was about 78 when I finished. Was cloudy and overcast all day. Looked like it should have been a great topwater day, but no luck. I had two blow ups on topwater but no takers.

I caught 3 or 4 short fish and one keeper that would have weighed about 3 pounds. I caught them on a jigs and worms. Pretty slow day over all but I was still fishing, which beats working!!

All fish came off of the main lake up near the dam and were from 6 to 15 feet of water.

Tight Lines!

8. Member

Re: Taylorsville Lake Reports Posted Here (Passion 4 Bassin)

Any new info on taylorsville

9. Member

Re: Taylorsville Lake Reports Posted Here (350vranger)

Any reports on Taylorsville? I have a FOM tournament June 9th. Any suggestions or patterns would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Dave

10. Member

Re: Taylorsville Lake Reports Posted Here (Dave Ervin)

Heading to Taylorsville Lake tomorrow, FOM No Ky division tournament. Will give a report on Monday.
    Dave

11. Member

Taylorsville Lake FOM Results 6/9/07

We got 4th place out of 19 boats, 6.47 lbs. We fished the mainlake areas but only caught 12-14" fish. We averaged 15-20 bass each day. We caught our 3 keepers in Beech Creek. My brother caught all three on a purple worm and a 1/4 oz weight texas rig. Caught fish in 8-15' of water. We caught bass on jerkbaits(hard), Rico, Black and blue jig, senko texas rig no weight, centipede green pumpkin and shakeyhead watermelon red fleck. Just couldn't hook up with a keeper in the areas down by the dam and the main lake area where Ash and river meet. I believe 12lb won it. They only paid 3 places but we got bonus bucks money 3rd place. So we didn't go home broke.
    Fisher of Men and Fish.
    Bassky Dave

Re: Taylorsville Lake FOM Results 6/9/07 (Dave Ervin)

Dave that was an excellent report!

Fished 10-10-2007 from 1 PM until 5:30 PM with fellow BBCer jonboat14.

First day after the 1st major cold front of the fall had gone through. High on Monday was 93, Tuesday 83 and the day we fished the high was 63. VERY windy. Maybe I should say VERY VERY windy!! Bright and sunny early in the afternoon and turned very cloudy by the mid afternoon. It was definitely not the most comfortable day to be on the water.

Water was clear and 69 to 71 degrees.

Water level is as low as I have ever seen it. Summer pool is 547 and winter pool is 545. The pool is now at 543.4 or 1.6 feet below winter pool, which looks like a lot when your on the lake.

We fished a lot of wind blown points and found that spinnerbaits on wood were what we were getting bit on. We caught about 10 fish with Gary catching the lone keeper, a 2.02 pounder.

Blue Gill seemed very active as they wore out soft plastics!!

We fished one large flat with no success but there were MILLIONS of bait fish!

We had fun but the fishing could have been better!

14. Member

They draw taylorsville down 100 ft in the winter?????????????

Re: Taylorsville Lake Reports Posted Here (dpage70)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dpage70 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They draw taylorsville down 100 ft in the winter????????????? </TD></TR></TABLE>

????????? I don't notice anything wrong!

16. Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Passion 4 Bassin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> It was definitely not the most comfortable day to be on the water. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That could be because you had shorts and a T-shirt on...

17. Member

Re: Taylorsville Lake Reports Posted Here (Mike Daleo)

I was on Taylorsville on Dec 17 and launched in the parking lot. I think it was 7' below flood stage. A lot of duck hunters in the parking lot. I saw a couple other bass boats. They must have known where they were going. Water was as muddy as I have ever saw it. I fished a couple of the creeks and main lake points. Had one bite.

18. Member
    Anybody fish Taylorsville lately? Never been, and I'm thinking about making a trip.

19. Member
    Heading down to Taylorsville Lake Fri oct 24-sat. oct. 25. Any recent reports or water conditions, temps, etc.??
    Thanks,
    Dave

20. Member
    Crankbait bite is definitely on! We fished 1/2 day Friday. Caught 4 bass. Saturday was much better. We caught around 20. Had 2 keepers, lost 3 more that were keepers that shook off. Caught 4 nice white bass around 13". Run and gun whole time. Put in @ Van Buren ramp but ran all the way up to the dam. Fished in creeks on rock and wood. Caught all fish on laydowns and where there were shad! Upper areas were better than lower part of lake. My brother and a buddy of ours fished Wed thru Sat. They caught over 100 bass. Big fish was around 5lbs. Caught a few white bass and a 30lb drum. Sad news is they only had 10 keepers in those 4 days. Caught most of their fish on CB, some on plastic and topwater. Water temps were 63º clear, lower to dingy in upper part of lake.
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast