Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 2/19/06 Cumberland (mcorr)

Fished c-land today, put in at conley. Prob about 100 boat/trailers there. Assuming they were from the big striper tournament. Lake was TRASHED!!!!!!! Debris was rediculous, but after running then idling and running then idling several times pulled into a cut. Tried spinnerbait, fluke and crank with no takers. Picked up the jig, caught one kentucky about 2lbs in a treetop. Nothing else from that cut. Next cut, small run in, caught 3 kys 2 were about 2lbers and the other about 12 inch. Ran to another cut around the mill springs area, about the 5th cast caught an 18 1/2 smallie. Couple more casts after that a 17 1/2 incher. A couple other smaller ones and right before I left caught a 19 incher. Most fish were caught around chunk rock banks in the cuts on a jig. Most fish were in 10ft of water or less. Water is rising fast and temps ranged from 62-64. Good luck!

Re: 2/19/06 Cumberland (flippindrew)

well, my buddy is fishing the big flw series tx on cumberland this week. he called me tonight and told me he got paired with a woman. i said hmmmm, the only thing i could think of was, well how you gonna pee? i guess just turn around and go on with it. better yet, how is she gonna pee? (j/k) lol truth be known it should be an interesting day for him. just because it would be interesting to see how a woman goes about a day on the water. told me she had a big wrapped yammaha ranger. will let you all know how it goes tommorow. he is from here in richmond, his name is Richard Cobb. go richard! yall root for him!

3. Member

Trash! Trash! Trash! I braved the odds last night and put in at Conley and ran up White Oak. I caught 2 keepers both in the 2lb. range on a red shad 10in. Yum worm. Both came off points. I spent the biggest part of the night idling to and from White Oak the trash is the thickest I've seen it in 20+ years of boating on Cumberland. Good luck navigating for the next couple of weeks.

4. Member

You are certainly right Mike...my son and I went out yesterday morning (launched at the Fishing Creek ramp) and basically idled from the ramp to past Lee's Ford Marina. I haven't seen this much debris in a long time...especially in Fishing Creek. Would be real easy to ruin a prop or lower unit right now.

We caught five fish....a couple of decent Kentucky's....on Gulp Shaky Shads fished on 3/16 oz jigheads. All of our fish were caught on points. I probably won't be going back out until the lake clears up a bit.

Re: 2/19/06 Cumberland (Fish-N-Fool)

Was on my way down to old hickory today for the flw series and drove over fishing creek. WOW! I almost died, up in the trees and lookin good for a flippin bite. May not have been able to get a bite but it sure looked good! Is anyone catchin any lm down there right now?

Are you guys talking about logs and that kind of stuff? How high is the lake right now?

7. Member

Re: 2/19/06 Cumberland (mikedaleo)

Big logs, small logs, itty bitty logs, and everything in between including tons of garbage. I'm not sure what the lake level is right now but it is up quite a bit, nothing unusual about that , but just tons and tons of trash and other debris.

8. Member

Anybody know of a good Bluegill hole? I'm taking a buddy of mine and his son fishing tomorrow night and I want to make sure his son catches plenty of fish.

Try the guys in the KY/IN/OH Bass Club, those guys probably know a few spots.

10. Member

Re: 2/19/06 Cumberland (mikedaleo)

Hey guys, I am going to be at Cumberland this coming weekend(9-15-9-16) and was looking for some advise on where and how to fish.Just some general areas and techniques would be very helpful.I have never fished C-land just Dale Hollow, thanks in advance and tight lines.

Re: 2/19/06 Cumberland (crowejr77)

Im not sure if you are fishing night or day but either way in early morning and late evening I would fish nothing but main lake points deep with a 1/2 oz. D&L Cumberland Craw jig. After dark fish main lake points and the mouths of creeks slow rolling a 3/4 oz. black spinnerbait. As the water is cooling a little bit the shad should be getting closer to the mouths of the creeks and that should be a good bet. Last Fri. night the tournament out of Burnside took around 15lbs to win which I believe was caught way up the North Fork River. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

12. Member

Thanks Drew, I appreciate the info, I will be sure to post my results.

13. Member

Anyone been on Cumberland lately?

Going up next week.

14. Member

Re: Anyone been on Cumberland lately? (DACHEEK)

Prefished for the Bullet Tourney on Friday. Lots of rain and some wind. Fished main lake stuff all the way to the dam and back in a couple of creeks. Fishing was slow. Got some nice KY's and a keeper smallmouth on a jig. Couple of fish on topwater and a few small ones on a spinnerbait. Sat was completely off for me and my partner. We managed 3 KY's for 3.5 lbs. 14 lbs won and it took 6.5 to money. Really a tough day and the wind never let up.

15. Member

Re: Anyone been on Cumberland lately? (dlgfish)

52 degrees Surface temps
    45 degrees

Partly Cloudy and Partly Windy

3 fish taken off bluff walls across from Earl Wallace Campgrounds. Looked like a lot of fish moved out to deeper water 60+. Saw very few fish up in the shallows or even in 30ft of water.

http://www.billymarlin.net
    \"If at first you don\'t succeed, then skydiving definitely isn\'t for you!\"

Re: Anyone been on Cumberland lately? (fishingmarlin)

Anybody know the surface temps lately?

17. Member

Re: Anyone been on Cumberland lately? (mikedaleo)

53 on Sunday Caught some on fly about 12lb.
    AG

18. Member

Re: Anyone been on Cumberland lately? (agreynolds)

found water temps from 49 - 53 from Sinking Cedar Creek (South Fork) to Fishing Creek on Saturday....fishing stinks right now...very slow.

Re: Anyone been on Cumberland lately? (Fish-N-Fool)

Thanks for the updates. That lake is a mystery to me. I should be down there marking stumps right now.

20. Member

Re: Anyone been on Cumberland lately? (mikedaleo)

good idea...I have noted a number of things already myself. The lake is about as low as I have ever seen it...plenty of structure visible now that you wouldn't otherwise ever see. Of course, if they pull the lake much lower, not sure how many ramps will actually be usable.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast