Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Report's For Lake Westpoint (Basscat175)

Sorry, I have not been out there since Jan...
    ...Greg

2. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Westpoint (gkropat)

Greg I guess we gonna wing it, will let ya'll know we did.

3. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Westpoint (Tr21Pd)

We fished West Point this morning got started around 8am launched at Highland marina went toward YellowJacket muddy,muddy went back out past Highland fished in and around most of the coves and cuts before RR trussel on North Side managed 9 bass 7LM and 2 spots not great 5 best 9lbs and 7oz was gonna fish tommorow but had to leave early wife had to have emergency appendectomy she is fine everything went well all bass caught on #5 Shad Rap in Walleye Pattern and Bleeding Copper water temp ,low 50's when we started 58-60 when we left at 3PM.
    Jim

4. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Westpoint (Basscat175)

Fished Westpoint last weekend. Water temp was about 78 degress. Caught a lot of 2 to 3lb fish in shallow water. Wind was up so I stayed in coves from Yellow Jacket to Sunny Point. All fish were caught on A 4" finese worm and 1/8oz shakey head. The wife caught one 6 1/4..

Fishing is my wine, and I try to get drunk on it as often as I can

Re: Report's For Lake Westpoint (Seminole4life)

Westpoint is on fire... not the fishing but the air and water temps.... WHEW!! 92degree water temp around Highland yesterday.. Only found 2 short fish... ACOE has the lake at full pool (for now).... and the continue to clear out/clean up the shore line of blowdowns and stumps.......
    ...Greg

6. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Westpoint (gkropat)

Fished Westpoint this past saturday 2/19. Fished the wehadkee,veasey,stroud creek area from safelight til 2. Water temp started at 51 and got up to 56 by the time we left and had a nice stain. Put 15 in the boat, all were caught on flat clay point at the front of pockets. Fished a fair amount of shallow wood with no takers. Best 2 were about 4lbs with rest about 1 1/2 each. Best baits were Bandit 200's and #7 Shad raps and caught a few on a t-rigged Zoom speed worm. I will be going back this saturday and will report how it goes.

7. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Westpoint (edgewood2)

West Point is turning on. Red Eye Shad's on clay points put over 20 in the boat on sunday.

8. Member

Nice one! I fished up there sunday too. they are turning on pretty good!
    There are three types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't!

9. Member

got tourny sat march 12th what kind of colors are you using need help please went today march 6th only caught 1 fish thanks for the help

10. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Westpoint (blazer240merc)

On trap style baits I only use Chrome colors as they always seem to produce. As far as cranks go I'm a custom painter so needless to say I fish the colors I paint. I have been having the best luck with red's and green/brown craw patterns.The bandit 200's have been getting lots of bites and we also caught quite a few on Cht/white spinnerbaits this past saturday. The shad are pretty far back in the creeks so keep going back until you find them and if the wind is blowing you gotta be out there in it. It took 27lbs to win the Highland T on saturday so the big ones are up. Good Luck!

11. Member

What are some good areas to fish on west point? I dont fish it much but would like to have some sort of idea.

Difficult Takes a DAY! Impossible Takes a WEEK!

12. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Westpoint (Datdude48)

If you are on the south end of the lake Wehadkee,Veasey and Stroud are good. If you are around Highland, Yellow Jacket is good and north of that there are several good creeks and pockets. If you go north of the 219 bridge be careful it can get tricky to run in some places. If you want to catch Largemouth run until you get into dirty water.

13. Member

I guess nobody fishes westpoint been almost a year since any posts but their was lots of boats there saturday we caught fish all day no monsters but they where fun to catch cant wait to go back this was our biggest caught by my buddy

14. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: Report's For Lake Westpoint (gascop)

Thanks for the report Gascop!!! I wish I had a report, but my club hasn't been to West Point in almost 4 years as it is quite a drive from Savannah. One of my favorite lakes as I won 2 years in a row with a 7+ big fish each year. Love the lake!!

15. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Westpoint (Bassin Billy)

no problem billy if you have any spots you need checked before you come back for a tourny just shoot me some cordinates and ill let you know if the fish are there !! LOL

16. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by gascop &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">no problem billy if you have any spots you need checked before you come back for a tourny just shoot me some cordinates and ill let you know if the fish are there !! LOL</td></tr></table>

No problem!! Exactly where is Midland??

17. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Westpoint (Bassin Billy)

Im in Columbus Georgia our mail just comes through midland

18. Member

I haven't been to west point in about 6 months because the water has been so low but I have a tournament up there in two weeks.. were yall fishing on the north end of the lake?
    There are three types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't!

19. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Westpoint (coot23)

its about 5 ft down we were fishing midlake from pyne creek south

20. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Pyne creek area of the lake is NO GOOD!!! Head back towards YellowJacket and you should be fine...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast