Report's For Lake Russell

Post Your Lake Russell Report's In This Thread .

2. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Russell (Tr21Pd)

Up untill this weekend they really have been on a jigg'n spoon & Drop Shot rig. 24 to 30ft. deep. Trick is to find ACTIVE fish before you drop a bait. WT was in mid 50's. CYA Jojo-SC GoTeamTriton
    GoTeamTriton/SOB/L&M

3. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: Report's For Lake Russell (Jojo_SC)

JoJo?? I believe I have seen this name very regularly on another site. I know that Russell is actually a pretty busy lake. It would be nice if some of you regs that fish there could share a little info.

Re: Report's For Lake Russell (Bassin Billy)

fished here in a tournament 2 weeks ago and won and my partner come in 2nd. all of our fish come out of the tree tops fishing a finess worm peged with a 1/8 oz sinker. all the fish i caught were in 20-50 ft of water. some people were fishing pts and catching good fish!

5. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Russell (skeetenskeeter)

Well, it looks like its been a while since anyone posted something from Russell. So, I thought I would chime in on my day there this past Sat. So, here goes nothing....

Went to see a friend in SC and he happened to be fishing a Tx out of Russell. I had some motor issues that I have had and needed torun the lake and thought I'd take the boat and just fish. So, I trailered to Harpers Ferry where his Tx is out of, waited till they got gone and I put in. Have only been on this water once is my whole life and that was being a Co-boater in a BFL years ago. So, I was glad I had a GPS to navigate with because this lake, altho very beautiful, everything looks the same. So, off I went into the fog:

Made first stop at some timber on a point just outside of Allen Creek, I think. Nothing there. Good conditions for the topwater bite, but, I'm thinking the timber has been so pounded by the pressure over the years,the fish have grown accustomed to not being there now. So, they have left the timber.
    Then, the fog lifted and off I went to Beaverdam and try that place out. Went to the timbers there and damn! Its deep there. Tricky channel that runs thru there tho, but nothing was biting. Came out to an island where I saw some schooling going on, and proceeded to catch 3 dinks there. On a fluke and 2 on a Pop R. Then nothing.
    So, I run the boat some and finally starts acting right, and I do this for 20 minutes or so. Then , I pull up on a point across and up from Indian Creek and started catching some good ones there. Some schoolers and some cranking, all about 1 to 2lb fish on cranks and Fish Head Spins. Then it kinda stopped for a bit, so I pulled off the point some in deeper water(18 to 32ft) and started throwing a Football head jig(3/4oz) with a Sweet Beaver on it and caught 3 more in 2-3lb range. The bites were really coming off the points with a combination of rock and clay banks merged. So, that what I started concentrating on.
    All in all, my best five went around 11lbs. Not a bad day and it was gorgeous to be out there. I will hit Russell again when its really cool, I just bet that the Spots will all over the place then.
    So, get to Russell, it will get fun there soon. Just plan on moving around a lot and making casts. The fish will show up somewhere.

WT \"Bon Temp Roulez\"

6. Member

Russell 2010..LOL

...I forgot this was here..

Last few weeks the fish are suspended over deep water hold'n about 12 ft deep over 30 or more feet of water. If it's cloudy some will school. Have'n a really hard time catch'n them because they ain't hold'n on nothing & won't set still. Goood throw'n topwater plug or Kastmaster spoon....tried swimming grubs/fish heads ect... I do have several brush piles that are holding fish about that same depth...they'll bite a Mag II GP Tx-rig w/ a 3/8 wt. Tried a lighter wt. sinker but the bass seem to need the speed of that 3/8 when it drops off a limb. The knot heads are bite'n good but the 3# are hard to find....CYA

GoTeamTriton/SOB/L&M

7. Member

Re: Russell 2010..LOL (Jojo_SC)

Thanks Billy!!

GoTeamTriton/SOB/L&M