Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Report's For Lake Lanier

Post Your Lanier Report's In This Thread .

2. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (Tr21Pd)

Lanier 11-20-05

Fished from around 8:30 am til 3:00 pm. Fished areas between Sardis and Clark's Bridge. Water temps in midlake were low to mid 60's and upper river above bridge was low 50's

Most fish were caught on green pumpkin jigs (Hula Grubs) in 20-25' and small 4" Sand colored worms.

Caught a few on crankbaits but nothing big. Best fish were caught in the early afternoon on spinnerbaits fished around shallow stumps in 3-5' of water

Lifetime Member of BBC

3. Member

I have only been out on Lanier a few days over the past week. I have had kidney stones this week and I also worked on a engineering project (my od job) for a friend. I was out a few hours today and fishing was pretty good. Fish are starting to bunch up on the south end and eat the jigging spoon. There are also some very big fish up shallow but not many of them. My partner did catch a almost 5 pound spotted bass while we were out today on a Mini Me spinnerbait. It was a nice fish.

Look for the fish to get on bait over the next week and start to feed deep. I would start my search in 35-50 feet of water and work jigging spoons and heavy jigs over bait and timber. My winter trips are mostly fishing this way and we really have some great days.

Good luck out there

Ryan

Ryan Coleman's Lake Lanier Pro Guide Service

4. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (LanierSpots)

Ryan,

Sorry to hear about the kidney stones, man that is painful. Hope you are feeling better. Come on over and see everyone on Saturday if you get the chance. I know you are probably booked, but if you get finished early, come on over to Sardis for one of Todd's famous hotdogs.

Lifetime Member of BBC

5. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (Bass Hawk 87)

Ive been out on Lanier three days over the past 5 and fishing has been decent. Friday was tough but the others days were good. Alot of fish are deep right now and the spoon bite is pretty good. Look for fish on the south end in 40-45 feet of water close to the timber edge. The fish should be feeding and a white spoon dropped on them is deadly.

There is also a good shallow dock bite up the lake. Skip a small jig or worm under the docks in 5-10 feet of water. There are some mules up there so be ready.

Good luck out there

Ryan

6. Member

Out today all day. Fishing was pretty good with a good number of big fish caught today. Early, try casting a jigging spoon in creek mouths with bait present. Work the bait through the bait balls until the sun gets on them.

Later in the day, work a Booyah Boo bug with twin tail trailer around brush in 25 feet of water on the main lake points and around docks. You can get a good limit of fish like this

If you have wind present, work a crankbait or mini me spinnerbait on the windy points in 10-25 feet of water

Good luck out there

Ryan

7. Member

Back out a few days this week. Fishing is very good right now for big spotted bass. The largemouth bite is decent with a few big jig fish being brought in.

Most of my big spotted bass are coming on jigs and spoons right now. The jig fish are moving on down and the 35-38 feet mark seems to be my best bet right now. My suspended spoon fish are 45-55 feet with the bigger fish being in the 55 feet mark.

Good luck out there. This is one of the best times of the year to fish Lanier.

Ryan

8. Member

Back out yesterday and half the day today. It was coooooold today. We did not go out until 12:00 and it had already started to rain. 10-20 mph winds, rain and 35 deg. It was a great day. LOL.

Fishing usually is pretty good on Lanier when the weather is like that and I love the bad weather. I talked with my friend Lee, my clients had already cancelled on me, and we headed out for 5 hours.

Fish are still holding in the creek channels and ditches on bait in 35-50 feet of water. Right now, I am on a jig bite from hell in 38-45 feet of water. I am using a 7/16 ounce Booyah Boo bug with YUM twin tail trailer. Brown and green pumpkin.
    The fish are knocking slack in your line when they hit it. I have also been gettting some spoon fish and even some big stripers on a white spoon.

We did spoon 6 big spots yesterday over a creek channel in 55 feet of water. The fish were holding close to the edge of the timber and very deep. I had to deflate all 6 to get them to go back down.

Good luck out there

Ryan

9. Member

Been out this week everyday on Lanier. It has been cooooold. Let me tell you. Today is was mid 30's all day with no sun, 15 - 20 mph wind and sleet three to four hours. LOL. Lovely day.

Fishing has been decent to good with fish in creek channels and deep docks on the lower end. The upper end has been slow for me. My jiggin spoon bite has been hit or miss but the jig bite has been pretty consistent. Booyah Boo Bugs and YUM Gonzo grubs have been my best bet for jigs. Brown and green pumpkin.

I am starting to book my days for early next year. I have some openings in the first week or two of January. This can be a great time for a big spot on Lanier. Spoons and jigs will be my baits of choice. If anyone is interested in getting out and letting me teach you the spoon or jig or whatever, let me know. I do appreciate your business.

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Ryan

10. Member

Been out on trips this weekend and this week. My jig bite has bee awesome. I have been getting 5 or 6 fish each day over 3 pounds and atleast one over 4.5 everyday. The fish are holding on deep steep banks on the south end and on the channel ledges.

I have been having my best success on a 5/16 ounce brown Booyah Boo Bug and 4" YUM twin tail trailer. The fish are eating it pretty good.

Good luck out there

Ryan

11. Member

Devofish and I put in at Sardis around 10:30 and fished until 2:30. Fished areas around Simpson Park and caught 3 nice spots on 3/8 oz jigs with Hula Grubs. Dipped the skirts in black dye and left the tails Green Pumpkin.

All fish were in brush and close to some docks in 12-18' of water on the edges of deeper water.

Water temps ranged from 47.8 - 49.1, and water is stained with visability of about 4'. Winds were blowing 10-15mph out of the west

Lifetime Member of BBC

12. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (Bass Hawk 87)

Been out the past few days with pretty good results. Pappy and I fished yesterday on the lower end catching 15 spots with 3 or 4 of them being over 3.5 pounds. WE also had 8 or so over tehe 2 pound mark giving us a good limit. All of our fish were caught on Booyah Jigs in 15-30 feet of water.

Today, I hit the lower end with a spoon early and my client and I caught 20 or more spots early. Most of the fish were good solid 2.5 pound fish with one over the 3 pound mark. After lunch, we picked up the Booyah jig and landed 10 more good spotted bass with two more of them being over the 3 pound mark.

Fishing should continue to be good for me until the water cools a good bit.

Good luck out there

Ryan

13. Member

I have been out on Lanier a good many days the past week. Fishing has been pretty good for the most part. Today we caught 18 fish on spoons and drop shot and one nice fish on a jig. The past few trips out, the fish have been moving out even deeper than normal. I am catching some of my fish in 55-60 feet of water right on the bottom. These fish are very tight to the bottom and are hard to see on your electronics. You must understand your electronics to catch them. They are good fish once you find them.

I have been catching some decent fish on a jig but the shallow bite has not been as good as it was last week. On two different trips last week, we landed over 20 fish each day with most of them being keepers.

I have a good many days available for the rest of Jan and the first week Of Feb if anyone is interested in getting on some of these deep fish before they come shallow.

Thanks and good luck out there

Ryan

14. Member

Back out today on Lanier. I didnt have a trip so I set out alone. Fishing was excellent for me with the front passed by. High winds and bluebird skies yielded some great fish. I moslty fished the Mini Me spinnerbait in gold glimmer and dirty bird colors for the first few hours then switched to a Booyah Bug with YUM twin tail trailer. I landed over 20 keepers today with best 5 going over 20 pounds. It was strong most of the day. The water temps are holding around 50 and dont seem to want to move on the south end. The chestatee bay area is 48 but the fish are wide open up there as well.

Good luck out there

Ryan

15. Member

Lanier is still 2.5 feet below full and the surface temp down south is 50 deg. The fish are still active as I have been having some great days on the water. Drop shot, jigging spoons and Booyah jigs have been my best baits. I have been working deep channels and timber with my drop shot and jigging spoon and deep ledges with my jig. I have been catching a few fish on docks with the jig but the deep fish are more reliable. I have had numerous 5 pound spots caught in my boat the past few days and today, I had a 6 pounder. I only fished about 3 or 4 hours today but had 3 spots that weighed 15 pounds between them. Not bad for January.

Thanks and good luck out there

16. Member

March 26, 2006

Fished from 12 noon until 4:00 pm. Put in at Clark's Bridge and stayed above bridge.

Caught 25 fish, spots and largemouth, in the 3,4 and 5 lb range all on craw colored crankbaits.

Water temps ranged from 54-58.5, and all fish were holding in 6-8' of water on small points.

Lifetime Member of BBC

17. Member

4-6-2006
    Out today on Lanier for my first trip of the spring caught 15 spots nothing real big. Caught 10 on a jerk bait and the rest on spot sticker and 3 inch yum wooly hawgtail. Going to try to get back out on Friday.

18. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (skeeterdawg)

Lake Lanier is wide open right now. My clientsare catching big numbers of fish off shore and things are just getting better and better each day. A good many of the fish have spawned and are on the way out. I am working topwater, fish heads, Mini Me spinnerbaits and crankbaits on structure for lots of big fish right now.

There are tons of small fish on shore but for more consistent big fish, you must move out.

Good luck out there.

Ryan Coleman

19. Member

Spotted bass fishing on Lake Lanier is still on fire and should remain very strong through june. My best two months for big spots are May and June. Things are starting to pick up as big females are moving on to flats and flat points.

I am catching these fish on Mini me spinnerbaits, crankbaits and top water.

Come go fishing

20. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

4/28??? No one has posted here since 4/28?? Come on guys!! You need to be sharing fishing reports. That's what these boards are for.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast