Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (Bassin Billy)

Just a little update on Lanier. The Corps is pulling the lake down about an inch per day. The water level is around 3.5 feet down right now and constantly falling

The fishing is fantastic right now as I am cathcing 30-40 fish per day on either topwater or spot tail minnows. Fish Head spins are doing pretty well and I am even catching a few good fish on a YUM worm rigged on a spotsticker jighead.

If your wanting to get on some huge Lanier fish, now is the time

Ryan Coleman
    LanierSpots Pro Guide Service
    http://www.lanierspots.com

Ryan Coleman's Lake Lanier Pro Guide Service

2. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (LanierSpots)

Ryan I have never in my life fished on Lanier. It sounds like I am going to have to get up there and give that lake a try!! Thanks for the report.

3. Member

Give me a call Billy. Love the opportunity.

Out today on Lanier for two trips. My morning trip was with Paul Di Vito and his lovely wife Vicky. Today was Vicky's Birthday and Paul treated her to a fishing trip. Must be nice. LOL.

Paul and Vicky worked spottails this morning for a fantastic catch. They both caught double figures with Vicky probally edging Paul by 5 or so. Paul did get the huge Striper above on a lightweight spinning rod, #4 hook and 6 pound test. I have no idea what the lake record is for 6 pound but I cant image anyone fighting a big fish better on light tackle than Paul did. Awesome job.

This afternoon, I had a strickly artificial trip. My guys worked Spooks and Fish Head Spins on off shore structure for another great catch. A few big stripers and many big spots. We saw 5 or 6 spots this afternoon over 5 pounds. There were Herring running all over the structure this afternoon and the fish were crushing them.

My boat caught over 50 fish today in about 10 hours with a good many of the spots over 3 pounds. We also had 10 stripers with 5 of them being "large". The action is constant right now if you get in the right areas and do the right thing. We never fished more than 15 mins today without a bite. A great day.

4. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

VERY NICE!!! Those are some good looking fish yall caught. Good job!

5. Member

Fishing remains strong on Lanier right now. I am still working Super Spooks, Fish Head Spins and spottail minnows for my catches. The fish are holding on off shore structure and top water is fantastic all day long. I have listed a few of the fish from my trips this week. I have had two trips this week where we had more than 20 pounds on 5 spotted bass.

Ryan Coleman
    LanierSpots Pro Guide Service

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (Tr21Pd)

The best advise for Lanier right now is fish someplace else. At least for another 2 monts or so. If you gotta go, go with Ryan C. If you cant get him then take your kids gameboy to give youself something to do while your not catching fish.

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (shawn706)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shawn706 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The best advise for Lanier right now is fish someplace else. At least for another 2 monts or so. If you gotta go, go with Ryan C. If you cant get him then take your kids gameboy to give youself something to do while your not catching fish. </TD></TR></TABLE>Same ol same ol, see above. Still goes.

Don, Ryan et al......
    While I have been in Coweta Co for 12+ years, I have yet to put my boat in Lanier.. I hope to get up there this Monday.... Any pointers for a first timer?? I plan on hitting the south end of the lake....

...Greg

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (gkropat)

If you'll enable your IM I'll give you a few details. Otherwise you'll have to wait till after my T on Saturday.

I work midnites so I missed your reply... If you dont mind.. you can hit me at gkropat@yahoo.com. I appreciate any help.. I need to hold a few of those spots....Greg

IM ENABLED....
    ...Greg

11. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (gkropat)

Here is our big fish for yesterday on Lanier:

Caught a couple of smaller largemouth as well but mostly spots in the 1-2 lb range with a couple pushing 3 lbs. Pic was taken with cel phone sorry about the quality

The largemouth bite is starting to turn on up on the north end and it should get better as the water cools, but we will have a couple of tough weeks when this end turns.

All of the fish we caught were either on the end of a dock or in blowdowns, along deep rocky banks. The fish were all suspended and would come up and hit weightless Senkos twitched about 2-3' deep and allowed to fall out of site then twitched again.

We could not get anything to bite on the bottom, or on top, only working slowly for the suspended bass

Lifetime Member of BBC

12. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (Tr21Pd)

Water is LOOOOOOWWWWWW... Ramps are CLOOOOOSSSSEEEEDDDD... Structure is EVERYWHERRRRRRREE... Where can you get on safely? Shoal Creek was opened last I checked(couple weeks ago), but is anything else open? I'm thinking of walking the shore line just to get a line wet.
    okay, okay... last cast, after this one.

13. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (Astro Angler)

Shoal Creek, Tidewell, Charleston Park are still open... About 2 more feet and the New Van Pugh NORTH will be open...

Fishings good right now...

14. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (Champion08)

Is Balus open yet? I know they were waiting for the water to come up before they could use it.

15. Member

We paved a new lane at Balus. The lake will need to come up another two feet or so before we can open it. We will open Van Pugh very soon. We only need one more foot. I went over and measured it Monday. It has over two feet on the end

16. Member

Looks like I'm heading to Clarks Bridge to launch. Hopefully we'll get some more rain to raise the water up for Balus soon!

17. Member

Launched out of Clarks Bridge and stayed above the bridge on 60. Didn't catch a thing, only a few bites. Very muddy to stained. Tried to fish over structure with no success. Conditions changed three times in 4 hours. Tough day.

18. Member

See, thats what you get for going that far up the lake.

19. Member

Was trying to save gas! Actually I am still learning how to use my electronics. It was odd...my Lowrance showed structure and fish, but my Hummingbird showed nothing at the same time. I have heard that I need to shut one down so that the beams don't cross. Unsure, but will keep trying to learn to watch the screen!

20. Member

Man, was that a set of storms or WHAT! We got out just before the sky fell out! Noticed Roland was still out on the lake...hope he got back safe. Also heard a bunch of guys took shelter at the Gainesville Marina and were all safe after it passed over. We have a few strikes over the few hours we fished, but nothing to write home about. Hope everyone else is safe and did better than us!
    Great to meet you in person Ryan!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast