Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Your Opinuon: Where's the best bass fishing in Ohio?

This could be a good way to get guys to try new water. If you don't fish any lakes in Ohio then tell us why. Don't need details just sharing a little perspective.

2. Member
    The Ohio river in cincy sucks for bass. You can catch smallies, large mouth, and spots, but Down river in Indiana is better, but I don't go that far anymore. the striper fishing is coming around in cincy.

Roy
    EMAIL: rroach@fuse.net
    CELL: 513-207-2131

I have a lot of used merc 2.5 parts, and offer engine rebuilding, custom builds, and custom prop work.
    Call for details.

Life begins @ 120
    I haven't had anything stock since I wore out the tire on my big wheel!

3. Member
    I'll throw in West Branch again... A very under rated lake, and these nest couple of years are looking very good. The only issue I had this year was low water, but that hit us all.

Has anyone ever put in at Ashtabula? How is the Smallmouth fishing in that area? I'm moving to the Wheeling, WV area and that appears to be the closest shot to
    Lake Erie. I have heard that Presque Isle, area is good but was curious about the Ashtabula area. Also how is Mosquito Lake for bass fishing?
    2009 Skeeter ZX 225
    2009 Yamaha 225 VMAXX

5. Member
    Mosquito is a great bass fishing lake.....I've had more fun on there than just about anywhere. The Ashatbula/Fairport Harbor area is supposed to be awesome for smallies. I can't comment on it personally because the one time we had intended on fishing for smallies out of Fairport....we wound up going out and bagging a limit of tasty yellow perch instead. I've seen pics of the smallies that come out of that eare and they were TOADS!!!!

6. Member
    taking lake erie out of the question. most ohio lakes are good, BUT, you have to know when they shine, to take full advantage..as soon as the ice melts, you cant beat the super hogs at wolf run on a jerk bait (jan-mar) april brings out the big bass at salt fork..may, takes over 16# to win at tappan and portage lakes..june, tappan's still on fire and the many 10hp lakes (mwcd) are hot..july/aug/sept. changes every yr..its a crap shoot to whats on & where..oct./nov., salt fork hogs come back out of hiding for 1 last feeding. you wont catch many, but you can catch a bass over 5# on any cast.

7. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Rocky Fork LM
    (south)Great Miami River SM
    (north)Lake Erie SM

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!