Thread: Favorite Rod?

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Member

Re: favorite rod brand (fisherboy)

Fenwick HMG series. they rock!! lightest, most sensitive rod I ever used. They have a no question's asked lifetime warranty. As a matter of fact the store I buy them from tell me "break it into a 100 pcs. and we'll hand you a new rod" You should really try them they are awsome!

2. Member

Re: favorite rod brand (Flippstick)

I have tried many brands, and liked them, and I own a collection of several brands including G Loomis, All Star and others

What feels right to me, and seems the most sensitive, is actually the Fenwick HMG Series rods and the Techna AV rods.

Lifetime Member of BBC

3. Member
    I am going all kistler. Having some rods stolen sped up the process. Will only have 3 rods that are not kistler and they will be changed over 3 months
    I HATE sugarland

4. Member

Re: favorite rod brand (fishingmike)

I use Shimano and Rapala rods.

I've been using BPS rods for over 25 years. I've never had a problem and am quite happy with the selection and price.

6. Member

Re: favorite rod brand (cart7)

All Star, American Classic and a old throw back to the 80's Shakespere, Tennessee handled rods for finesse. I know, not the good stuff, but it is the best I can afford.

R. C.

7. Member

Re: favorite rod brand (TNGAMBLER1)

Hey TNGambler I guess you have never used a Kistler rod before? Yes some other manufactures like G-loomis have a lifetime return it and pay a certain price and we will replace it. Kistler has a great warranty. Why should they replace a rod that did not break from a manufacturing defect? If you stepped on the rod or broke the rod tip off in your car door is it Kistler's problem no.you should be more careful with your rods. Also if you should EVER have any problems with Kistler rods you can call up and talk to the owner Trey Kistler and he will make things right...Trust me

8. Member

I have 4 Allstars that were made the US in Houston, Texas. I can't speak for the ones made overseas, but I love the Allstar Classic model. I use them only a few months a year so for the price (bought them from Bass Pro) I have gotten my m,oney back with the fish I've caught in local tournaments. [IMG][/IMG]

Re: favorite rod brand (Progator 180V)

Joe's Custom Rods is what i use they are a super light rod with plenty of back bone and you get what you pay for

10. Member

Re: favorite rod brand (tonye)

Fenwick is making some very nice rods. I currently own Team Diawa, G-Loomis, and a couple of Fenwicks, and I think that right now, Fenwick is my favorite.

11. Member

My G-Loomis' will have to be pried out of my cold dead hands...With my surgically reconstructed wrist and they allow me to fish longer and harder. I own 11 of them plus one custom made Flippin stick on a Shikari blank and one Techna AV, all of which were paid for retail by my non sponsored self.

The Shikari and Techna are nice rods but don't have the sweet feeling of a Loomis. The Techna I had is one of the originals that went for $225. I broke it last year and it cost me $98 to have it replaced by the new Chinese made $160 version with the transaction taking a month. That's not in the same ballpark as the Loomis expediter program.

There's alot of good rods on the market these days. I made mistakes when seriously I started this "sport". First, I bought low grade stuff, then the mid priced stuff, then over the years escalated to the really good stuff. I could have saved alot of money by just waiting a little a buying the good stuff just once. That goes for reels too.

Also, I noticed my fishing really improved by having all my rods made by the same manufacturer instead of a hodge podge of rods which all feel and fish differently.

12. Member

Re: favorite rod brand (wristpin1)

Wristpin....you hit the nail on the head. I got back into bass fishing after a 10 year haitus, and swore I would purchase all my equipment "right". Back then I made the mistake of finally purchasing a loomis im-6 and it made all my other rods feel sub-par. I fished with only 4 set-ups last year because that was all I could afford of the Loomis/Chronarch combos I wanted. I have a full line-up this year and I smile every time I line them up in the rod saver. I will admit my two crankbait rods are kistler, and they are nice, but I am still a loomis man.

Modified by The Natural at 11:51 PM 4/29/2005

Modified by The Natural at 11:52 PM 4/29/2005

13. Member

my favorite used to be St Croix's-Avids...............I now use the Airrus Co Matrix, and looking foward to the XL's

14. Member

Falcon in medium to medium heavy 6' to 7' lenghts. Mostly original, have a few Cara and LowRider. BPS Bionic Blades in 7' med hvy to hvy when linesiders are running at Texoma.

15. Member

Re: favorite rod brand (fishingmike)

Daiwa for me too. I know a bunch of top fisherman here in MO that "stocked up" when they quit making the TL's...now they are making them again!!!!! Those guys stuck with them and still believe in them.

I did vote for St. Croix...only because I think they are the very best on the market. I just can't afford them!!!!!!

Loomis....too damn brittle

i love my st-croix.

Custm made Bill Poes St Croix Rods......Furnace Bay a close 2nd

18. Member

Re: favorite rod brand (markisuncfan)

The only true rod is a FURNACE BAY ROD give John a call he will point you in the correct direction.......

19. Member

Fenwick Techna AV Series for me. I SLOWLY managed to swap all of my rods over. I love them and I have tried many others from Castaway, Falcon, Shimano, etc.

20. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar

Re: favorite rod brand (brokeagin)

I voted but didn't comment, previously. I like the Kistler's. I have 3 Heliums and 1 composite crankbait rod. I also use a Loomis Spinnerbait Special, and a few BPS rods. Will probably be all Kistler by spring, with the exception of the Loomis - I like it , and maybe the BPS Crankbait special rod I use for frogs - it's a cheap rod but the IM6/fiberglass composite rod has the forgiveness I like when using braid in grass. It's a heavy rod but I really like it for this application....go figure? If Kistler comes out with a 7' composite crankbait rod in a MH action it may go bye-bye also. Bottom line though - a Kistler rod is the best thing I have ever held in my hand..................... well maybe the second best

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast