Wire tied jig skirts

I've recently started making my own jigs. I buy the jig heads, add paint, weed guard and make skirts from the tab material. Can someone explain how you put on a skirt and hand tie it? I've tried super glueing the tabs/part tabs together first, wrapping them around the jig but only wind up with finger skirts.

Re: Wire tied jig skirts (dmorgan35)

I use a ball poimt pen take the guts out and roll a skirt collar up onto the shaft of teh pen. Run a piece of wire with a hook on the end to pull the tabs into the pen. Roll the collar onto the tabs, install onto jig head. Straited teh skirt out to where you want it, and wrap wire around skirt.
    Cheaper to keep a kid in tourney fishing than paying attorneys to keep them out of jail !!

3. Member

Re: Wire tied jig skirts (dmorgan35)

I find it easier to just wire tie down the skirt and leave the collar on.

Allen

4. Member

Re: Wire tied jig skirts (Munkin)

fishingskirts.com sells a little tool that does what matthew is doin with the ink pen i just leave the collar on also.

5. Member
    I use Coats & Clark upholstery thread to tie all my skirts on my jigs and other lures I build this threads been around over 45 year.
    When you tie your skirts on the jig collar Do Not use Glue to secure the thread. Tie thread on collar wrap your skirt material around the collar wrap the thread 3 time tight up on it then wrap 3 half hitch knots tight up again cut excess thread off your done. Skirt won't slip or roll they will stay tight in place. The thread will not break down in water it was coated. I've been using it to build my custom jigs since 1977
    Building and Fishing custom jigs
    Since 1977
    12.9 2006
    12.5 1998
    Favorite Lakes
    Eastman Lake
    Hensley Lake

6. Member
    I don’t use the collars. I hold the tabs approximately where I want them on the jig. Then I loosely wrap 2 rounds of floral wire around them, adjust them the way I want them then tighten the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Jig_Man View Post
    I don’t use the collars. I hold the tabs approximately where I want them on the jig. Then I loosely wrap 2 rounds of floral wire around them, adjust them the way I want them then tighten the wire.
    exactly the way I do it. Works good and lasts a long time.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ekSkirtTabs View Post
    Are these 5 reasons not to buy skirt tabs decent reasons? https://easy-kasting.myshopify.com/b...totally-should

Damn Parker, resurrecting a 13 year old post to try and sell some skirt tabs.

Allen

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkin View Post
    Damn Parker, resurrecting a 13 year old post to try and sell some skirt tabs.

Allen
    💥 Parker's done it again! 😍 By resurrecting a 13-year-old thread, he's reminded us of the timeless value of his skirt tabs and given us a reason to celebrate - his sales have skyrocketed! 🚀 So, while the haters are busy hating, Parker's laughing all the way to the bank. 😂It shows that good skirt tabs are ageless, and Parker's skirt tabs are a testament to that. 🙌 So, let's take a moment to appreciate the power of a good product and the wonders of an old post. 🎉

I understand why you might think it’s strange that I'm sharing my skirt tabs in a 13-year-old forum post. But you know what? It's all about standing the test of time. My skirt tabs are not only timeless but also incredibly practical. And by promoting them in an old post, I'm reminding people of their value and reaching a whole new audience who might have missed it the first time around. And let me tell you, and it's been amazing to see the sales boost since then!

So while some folks might think it's a strange tactic, I'm happy to share my product's joy with as many people as possible. Thanks for understanding and supporting my business!

Tight skirt tabs, as always,
    Parker