Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar

Dual AT2 question

I have 2 AT2 modules installed. I can turn off each sonar on the unit they are installed on (2 different HDS Lives) blue wires are run to each module. How do I identify which is which on the rest of the units? I only see one of them when I turn on another unit. Thanks

2. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    2nd question. Since I can’t differentiate between the 2 AT2’s but I do know the right HDS live controls 1 and the left HDS live controls the other. Can I update them individually by only having power to the modules and turn on just 1 unit? Then repeat with the other? Thanks

3. Member
    If you have ea box yellow wire to a switch. Turn off power on both Turn one on and then whereever the one comes on you know. Before one of the update we ere able to name our AT but that got taken away for some reason. Wish they would give it back. If you have both powered up and do an update both will get the update at the same time. or as you suggest power 1 update 1 at a time You can verify by looking at the about and go to the item that lets you look at all ethernet devices update at the end of the menu right side of the page down around 3rd party ?????

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    2nd question. Since I can’t differentiate between the 2 AT2’s but I do know the right HDS live controls 1 and the left HDS live controls the other. Can I update them individually by only having power to the modules and turn on just 1 unit? Then repeat with the other? Thanks
    ciao,
    Marc

5. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Marc, they appear to have updated perfectly with the scout mode showing up on the left HDS Live it is plugged into and the forward on the right HDS Live. Now back to my question. When I turn on the console unit and want to view AT, I only have one choice. How can I see them both if I want to pick between them?

6. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    When I did the updates I see they are different. 169.254.63.238 and 169.254.50.140 other than that moment when you select it for the upgrade I can't find them.

7. Member
    You might have something wrong in your ethernet cabling that is preventing the data from sharing with your console unit. Can you directly connect an ethernet cable between the 2 and see if it then works?
    ciao,
    Marc

8. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    You might have something wrong in your ethernet cabling that is preventing the data from sharing with your console unit. Can you directly connect an ethernet cable between the 2 and see if it then works?
    Marc direct between the 2 modules or from the module to the console. At the moment the console sees the one in forward, I don't know how to tell it to find the scout mode one. I have a HDS carbon and 2 HDS Lives up front. If I hit the active target icon on ANY unit with the exception of the one HDS live that has the "scout" AT2 plugged into it I get the "forward" AT2. Only the 1 unit sees the one configured for scout.

9. Member
    So on the back of your bow LIVE displaying the Scout mode, you have an ethernet cable between your AT2 box, and your bow LIVE showing Scout mode. Do you have a second ethernet cable on the back of that LIVE, connecting it to your other bow LIVE? All units need to be connected to each other in some manner (through a NEP hub, a SS3D module, or daisey chained) so that all units can see all transducers connected to the network.

One way to troubleshoot would be to connect an ethernet cable directly between the Scout bow LIVE and your console unit and see if it displays the AT2. That is what I was referring to.
    ciao,
    Marc

10. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Makes sense thanks!

11. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    All my units are connected to ethernet, but as you say my HDS-Live-Scout unit is only connected to the AT2 module so they are isolated. I have an open ethernet port on both this unit and the carbon so connected them should put it on the network. Thanks

12. Member
    All my units are connected to ethernet, but as you say my HDS-Live-Scout unit is only connected to the AT2 module so they are isolated. I have an open ethernet port on both this unit and the carbon so connected them should put it on the network. Thanks
    Yup!
    ciao,
    Marc

13. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    All is working now thanks for helping!

14. Member
    All is working now thanks for helping!
    You are welcome!
    ciao,
    Marc