Ultrex pedal noise

My ultrex developed a creaking noise in the pedal this past weekend at about the midpoint of travel (approximately level). It sounds like maybe some plastic parts rubbing but I can't find it. The sound occurs using either the pedal or the remote, both on and off the water. I tried hitting a couple possible rubbing spots under the pedal with silicone spray but no help. I dont know if silicone can cause any damage but dont want to go crazy with it. I also tried adjusting the cable tension and no change. The steering feels fine, the steering and main control boards were replaced a couple years ago.

The sound is pretty loud and makes it impossible to move around quietly. If anyone has encountered this and found anything that worked I'd appreciate some insight. Thanks.

2. Member
    I hit mine repeatedly with Real Magic spray (the only thing I had on board) and finally got it to go away. No adverse effects to report.

3. Member
    There is only one pin that holds the upper and lower parts of the foot pedal together. Put the pedal in the heal up or toe up position and spry some sort of non-petroleum product on each side of the lower base pivot points. ou may have to do it a couple of times to stop the noise. Do Not use WD40. It will make the plastic brittle and it will brake.

4. Member
    Thanks guys. I hit it again tonight with silicone spray liberally on all of the exposed surfaces of the pin. It still squeaked so I let it sit for about an hour and came back to a quiet pedal! So while I'm sure this issue will be replaced in short order by yet another maddeningly annoying one, I can report that this problem for the time being appears like it can be remedied by copious quantities of silicone spray and patience. Thanks again!