07 HPDI 200 oil tank

I have a 2007 HPDI 200. I had an alarm and discovered that the main oil tank was at the minimum mark. I filled with oil manually via a jug and the boat ran the oil out but didn’t replenish the main tank from the remote. I tried using the switch and the pump doesn’t run.

upon inspection I disconnected the wiring at the pump and found that I have power going to the pump via the manual override. I am assuming now the pump is bad.

the float in the main tank, I removed and tried sliding the float switches and never got power to the pump wiring. Am I to assume that the float switch is bad also?

Thanks.

2. Member
    Power does not go to the oil pump via the manual override switch. Power goes to the oil pump via the key switch. When the toggle switch is pressed a ground is applied to the pump making it run.

The float switches in the main oil tank don't provide power to the oil pump either. They only provide grounds to the ECU.

3. Member
    When conditions are right the ECU will apply a ground to the oil pump to cause it to turn on.

4. Member
    The manual switch, when I press the switch with a test light on the leads going to the pump. The light, will light…letting me know there is a complete circuit and the pump should run at that point, correct?

5. Member
    If you are testing to see if the pump is operable I would apply a battery positive and ground directly to the electrical leads to the pump. Positive to the male bullet connector on the brown wire and battery ground to the female bullet connector on the blue wire.

Pump should run.

6. Member
    I had the inline filter at the bottom of the remote oil tank plugged once. Alarm came on and the tank was at minimum like what you are saying. ?

7. Member
    A new pump and filter seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the help everyone.