Has anyone tried to save there screen protector

Has anyone tried to save there screen protector , Why I ask for a helix 12 it's about $50 dollars or couple more . and once again I have to send back to Humminbird for repairs , so comes the question is there a way to remove it because no matter what they do they remove it and toss it had send back before come back with it gone . I know the repair slip says remove screen protector and knobs and chips but this is stuck on

2. Member
    I took graph glass mine off of my Solix 15 using the following technique:

1) Lay out a piece of wax paper and allow it to curl on itself so the surface isn't exposed to falling dust
    2) Place the suction cup on the screen protector near the center
    3) Gently lift one corner with a credit card
    4) without touching the sticky side begin to lift the screen protector off until enough of an edge is off that the suction cup can be used to remove it the rest of the way
    5) Uncurl the wax paper and gently blow away any potential dust
    6) lay the screen protector on the wax paper

I haven't reinstalled mine yet so the results are still out on whether or not the wax paper will leave some sort of residue or too much dust to the stick surface.

Hopefully, I get my solix back within the next week to find out.

3. Member
    Tried once and it shattered. I also think once you take it off it won't ever be the same.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

4. Member
    Unfortunately, I have had mine on and off multiple times for my Helix 12. I used a technique like post 2. Getting all the bubbles out and the random piece of dust when reapplying is a challenge. I used the coating that came with the graph glass instead of the wax paper as I had saved it and the package. One you get the glass started in a corner just keep working it with a credit card or something else flat and you can work it off the screen. Do it in a clean area. Getting any dust particles out is a real PIA. It will never be as perfect as the initial install.

5. Member
    THANKS GUYS ,for some input

6. Member
    UPDATE: using the wax paper worked wonderfully!

when I took the graph glass off I made sure to always face the sitcky side down so not to collect dust.

when I removed it from the wax paper did the same thing.

1 tiny dog hair (white husky) made it under one of the very edges and I was able to gently lift it up and use a straightened paper clip to remove it.

I did notice that one of the corners I lifted up (maybe 1/4”) won’t sit back down perfectly. I think this is because I slightly bent the graph glass when first lifting it off of the solix. Next time I will use something with a much broader front like a credit card instead of my fingernail and lift/bend the corner less aggressively to get it off and I think it would not bend at all.

overall the graph glass is 100% functional after removing and replacing with zero bubbles within the viewing area of the screen.

saved me $50!

7. Member
    Sounds good , wish I new a little earlier . I peeled mine off very gently. with a suction cup I had save from a kit to replace a screen on cell phone that went well the coming off and at last minute I rolled out a piece of saranwrap laid it down on and wrapped it up so stay tuned . I will report back on how it went