SST prop recommendation: 2001 Lowe 180W with 01’ Johnson 115

I picked up my first tin rig yesterday. It has an aluminum 14 x 19 prop on it.The motor is model number J115PLSIG.Does anyone have a recommendation for a stainless prop?I have not taken it out yet, so I have no numbers, but I know that I want to go to a stainless prop and possibly add a hydrofoil if there’s any benefit in doing so?Thanks in advance!

Stainless props are pricey no matter whether you go OE or aftermarket like Solas or Powertech. You are going to want to run your rig first to be able to determine what size you truly need. Before knowing anything yet, I'm going to assume a 22 or 23 pitch prop may be what you need, however. Don't hold me to that though because your 115 may run a different gear ratio than Mercury outboards and that also determines diameter and pitch prop as well.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

3. Member
    WOT on a V4 Johnson is 5500. I suspect you're there with a 19", so I'd start with a 19" at hole#3. Get your prop/rpm setup finished before you worry about a Foil. If you're not carrying a lot of weight in the stern, don't worry about a foil. I had a very good experience with Powertech, who advised on propping my Lowe 18HP with an Optimax 115 ProXS. They are great folks.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

4. Member
    Thanks for the recommendations; I appreciate it!

5. #FRB
    Too many unknowns at this point. We don't know what kind of shape that 19 is in. With a V4 Johnson 115 a 21p Raker was common on a lot of hulls if memory serves. I also suggest calling Powertech and letting them make a suggestion for you. Ideally you want it to almost tickle the limiter with you by yourself in cool air and flat calm water.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.