Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question What's the deal with this slap fighting ?

This has to be the dumbest sport on tv right now. What is the purpose of just standing there wait to get b@#%h slapped in the face? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

2. Member
    It looks like it's some kind of competition, where they slap each other until one wins.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

One of the weight class champions is from here. Apparently it’s a fresh spin off by another fighting original sports promoter.

The things people will do for money. I'm assuming they are getting paid, as it would be double stoopid if they are doing it for free.

5. Member
    I have no desire to watch this but I'm curious if there's a strategy to taking a slap, other than just being tough as nails.

All the concerns about concussions in the NFL, and then they start broadcasting this...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by posmallie View Post
    I have no desire to watch this but I'm curious if there's a strategy to taking a slap, other than just being tough as nails.

All the concerns about concussions in the NFL, and then they start broadcasting this...
    I've been saying that about the NFL for years. It holds true for basically all of the combat sports from boxing, MMA, bare knuckle, and all the way down to judo.

I think it's one of the most ridiculous "sports" to ever hit the scene and I'd rather watch professional cup stacking. But at the same time, the only contest I've ever seen was a heavyweight match-up and those guys are hitting like a grizzly. It's gruesome IMHO
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

Someone got offended by the "you slap like a girl" comment and started a competition.

8. Member
    Turn off your google filter and look up Purple Nurple competition.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

9. Member
    I watched some British comedy thing "Hardy Bucks" a few years ago, and in one episode two guys are at each other over something or other and decide to settle the score in the age old time honored tradition of "Schlaps." I thought it was a joke in the series, and then a few years later this thing shows up. First time I saw it I was just John McEnroe, "you can't be serious? YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS?!!"

Yeah. They are serious.

10. Member
    I watched it once. I thought is was really entertaining - for about 3 minutes.

11. Member
    Reminds me of the fictional TV show in the movie "Idiocracy", "Ouch my balls!"
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

12. Member
    It's just another stupid contest.

13. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    The things people will do for money. I'm assuming they are getting paid, as it would be double stoopid if they are doing it for free.
    Never underestimate what people will do for likes on social media
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    It's just another stupid contest.
    Like eating Tide Pods.
    Hi Mike.

15. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider99XX View Post
    Like eating Tide Pods.

If they slap the taste out of one another's mouth, wouldn't it stand to reason that they could eat more Tide Pods?
    Who controls John Gill?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    If they slap the taste out of one another's mouth, wouldn't it stand to reason that they could eat more Tide Pods?
    That's a good point.

I bet TMJ is a regret that many slap fighters will have later in life.
    Hi Mike.

17. Member
    I watched it last season. Power Slap and brought about by Dana White of UFC. I liked it since you saw some brutal knockouts!

For those saying it is stupid why so? Is boxing also stupid? Contest is to see who has the best technique and power in their delivery of the slap and for the other guy how good of a chin you have at taking that blow.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    I watched it last season. Power Slap and brought about by Dana White of UFC. I liked it since you saw some brutal knockouts!

For those saying it is stupid why so? Is boxing also stupid? Contest is to see who has the best technique and power in their delivery of the slap and for the other guy how good of a chin you have at taking that blow.
    Boxing also has defense, different fighting styles, footwork, athleticism. Power slap is just too one dimensional imo.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Boxing also has defense, different fighting styles, footwork, athleticism. Power slap is just too one dimensional imo.
    Okay but still a competition and strategy is involved still. You have to be able to make you slap count depending on your opponents size, stance, neck strength, etc...

20. Member
    I can't wait til they bring out "Baseball Bats."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast