Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Kind of depends on what "its up to that other boat...." means. Is it a "no harm no foul" choice, or is it a "YOU MUST!- no choice about it" type of rule? The Bryan New situation in that trail seemed to be the former, rather than the latter, since only 1 of the 2 witnesses reported him.

BTW- a 90 minute time penalty (which it seems happened) is different than what Swindle had as far as a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    Rules are for people who have none. Just wondering how all those situations would play out, and where the lines are. And by the way, enforcing rules equally shows integrity, or at least that's what the good folks here at BBC always say.

So. When does the rule apply and to whom, and when does it not?

It's pretty obvious to me when and to who the rule applies in each situation. I'm not gonna muddy it up with some situational theoretical breakdown.

It's simple. If you break a rule it applies to you. If you see a rule broken and do not report it then it also applies to you.
    If I know I broke a rule I am gonna self report. If I see another another angler break a rule I am gonna report it. It's that simple. I don't need to.muddy it up further.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Here you are in order you asked.
    1. It's called intregrity.

2. If you see it, you report it. It's up to that other boat to do the same.

3. If you see it, you report it. It's up to the other boats to do the same.

At the end of the day you either have integrity or you don't. It's not that hard to understand.
    Nice edit after I posted in response. So, does integrity come into play with enforcing rules too? Just asking. People really think a lot of the rules and rules enforcement, debates rage forever about rules enforcement. So here we have the dilemma, when does the "see it report it" rule begin and end?

4. Member
    It's pretty obvious to me when and to who the rule applies in each situation. I'm not gonna muddy it up with some situational theoretical breakdown.

It's simple. If you break a rule it applies to you. If you see a rule broken and do not report it then it also applies to you.
    If I know I broke a rule I am gonna self report. If I see another another angler break a rule I am gonna report it. It's that simple. I don't need to.muddy it up further.
    Just because it's obvious to you (your opinion) doesn't mean it's obvious in the same way to others (their opinion.)

So, by your statement above, when you see another angler break a rule, you will report it. So you will report other boaters in the area who may have witnessed what you witnessed in order to ensure their compliance with the rule of "see it report it."

Nice edit after I posted in response. So, does integrity come into play with enforcing rules too? Just asking. People really think a lot of the rules and rules enforcement, debates rage forever about rules enforcement. So here we have the dilemma, when does the "see it report it" rule begin and end?

I explained it above. I can't say it any differently.

I feel like snapping 6 inches off of all his rod tips would have been a more appropriate punishment.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    I feel like snapping 6 inches off of all his rod tips would have been a more appropriate punishment.
    Just 6 inches ?
    Hi Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    much to do over rules..... G is bound to report, Trey did not pay attention, Owned it, did not cry, took his medicine. tournament continues. i doubt there will be any rub between the two..... note G took his medicine in a similar event.... running on plane.....years ago
    Yep, looks to be done, everyone involved looks to be good with it. Well, we have not heard from Randy B. yet...

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Yep, looks to be done, everyone involved looks to be good with it. Well, we have not heard from Randy B. yet...
    The days not over with yet
    Hi Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Rider99XX View Post
    Just 6 inches ?
    Just six inches.

It’s not like he had an undersized fish in his livewell or anything.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Just six inches.

It’s not like he had an undersized fish in his livewell or anything.
    I gotcha. Short fish in the livewell is an automatic 30 days in the electric chair.
    Hi Mike.

12. Member
    I will confess, I have seen guys not wearing their life jackets in a tournament when they were idling to another spot and I did not report it. To me, that is their deal, it did not help them beat me and I just didn't care that much about it. In fact I have seen more times than I can count. Now, if I saw guys in an off limits area, or getting fish from someone else, yes I am reporting it.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

13. Member
    My question is. Will Mr.Swindle use this as click bait material. Ethics and integrity come into play.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmclairday2 View Post
    Funny thing is, I believe there will be guys here cheering if he winds up not making a cut over this.
    Why because he reported a violation. Rules are for everybody.

15. Member
    Absolutely...G can work on his stand up routine...boat will be on the trailer again day 3

16. Member
    Gotta agree with you. Looking into hypothetical scenarios that may happen is the opposite of "muddying the waters"- it is called "foresight" so that you don't have to make rules after the fact- which opens you up to a lot of conflicting inputs. We went over a whole lot of theoretical ways people could cheat in CPR tournaments in the kayak scene (and the ways people tried were very devious). Some people thought they were being cute by asking "why are you putting so much time into thinking about cheating and how people can cheat?". The answer was simply "so we can be prepared by having safeguards already in place BEFORE it happens and consequences in place WHEN it happens.

17. Member
    BS......you are bound to report a rules violation when you see it or you can get DQd yourself.
    You’re exactly right. Not sure why it’s being discussed so much.

Only thing I find odd is the area isn’t marked no wake, is it actually a no wake zone? Or did BASS make it no wake? And why?

18. Member
    i think they should have locked him up in the rodman lock and tell him there are no fish in there but he is allowed to fish it.
    LOL

19. Member
    Originally Posted by BigFishSteve
    I bet G has time on day 3 to make his video.

Can he make the day 3 cut line? If not, he and New might be doing the commentary tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    He and New might be doing the commentary tomorrow.

Yeah, they can discuss the differences between "accidental and deliberately"

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    You’re exactly right. Not sure why it’s being discussed so much.

Only thing I find odd is the area isn’t marked no wake, is it actually a no wake zone? Or did BASS make it no wake? And why?
    Bass did the no wake. I think purely to avoid a situation where you get a bunch of boats buzzing under a low bridge.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast