Water Temp in the Detroit River?

I am thinking about possibly going out on the Detroit River this weekend....
    Target some bass. Anyone know what the temps are in the river?
    I know the Walley are heavy right now.
    2010 Nitro X-5 w/ 90HP Mercury Optimax
    2020 Ultrex Ipilot Link MDI
    Helix 12 MDI G3N
    Helix 12 MSI G3N
    Mega 360

2. Member
    It is a madhouse on the river right now with Walleye fishermen....If your thinking about using a popular river launch you'll be in line for awhile..I wouldnt go any where near the river on a weekend this time of year..
    Sounds like they are catching the heck out of them though..If your going to come up bring some heavy jigs in case you want to catch a dinner.
    If you go onto one of the Detroit River walleye sights (facebook) those guys can probably give you temps..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Ramps will be full for sure.

4. Member
    I'm going walleye fishing Sunday but am going to wait until the afternoon. If you want to fish for bass, you'll be better off letting the sun get higher in the sky first, and you'll have little not wait in line if you go in the afternoon. I would definitely take a few one-ounce jigs with you to catch a few walleye for dinner as well. The walleye fishing is absolutely stupid right now. I am new to jigging the river and have caught a ton this year.

5. Member
    Yeah Plucking walleye out of the river this time of year is childs play :)
    But I didnt think too much about the ramps in the AM, unfortunately my fishing buddy is only available in the AM I believe.
    Maybe we will resort to Bellevue in Ann Arbor or somewhere else coming from Sylvania OH
    2010 Nitro X-5 w/ 90HP Mercury Optimax
    2020 Ultrex Ipilot Link MDI
    Helix 12 MDI G3N
    Helix 12 MSI G3N
    Mega 360

6. Member
    Water temp was 50 degrees Monday when I fished it.

7. Member
    Water was 48-49 degrees today. Walleye fishing sucked per my experience, the lack of nets flying, and everyone I spoke to.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by posmallie View Post
    Water was 48-49 degrees today. Walleye fishing sucked per my experience, the lack of nets flying, and everyone I spoke to.
    Dirty water?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Dirty water?
    The US side was crystal clear and the Canadian side had a little stain to it, but no defined mud line. We got out again this morning and got our two-man limit. It wasn't fast and furious, but we got it done. Water conditions were the same as yesterday. I'm pretty sure I'm hanging up the walleye gear to start bass fishing now.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by posmallie View Post
    The US side was crystal clear and the Canadian side had a little stain to it, but no defined mud line. We got out again this morning and got our two-man limit. It wasn't fast and furious, but we got it done. Water conditions were the same as yesterday. I'm pretty sure I'm hanging up the walleye gear to start bass fishing now.

04/27 Moot was 45 degrees