Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Randy sure triggers a bunch around here. It’s comical watching some of y’all react to him.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Perhaps the best way to handle this is when a TD makes a call based on an angler question that something is allowable is to let all competitors know via a text or announcement. Seems like it would clear up any doubts someone could have.
    That would be too easy Seems all questions and answers should be posted somewhere. However, If one of the hot guys asks about an area I'm sure there will be a lot of traffic there. It would make for some nice threads too

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strugglebus View Post
    Gray area?? It stopped being gray when he got clarification from the TD. Sounds to me like the kid did the right thing. Don't lump him in with the sketchy guys when it is not warranted. You make yourself look silly.
    Sure doesn't seem to work that way when others play by the current rules and people here bash them. The hypocrisy you spout makes you look silly.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgsalot View Post
    Interesting, in one situation a guy is sketchy when he got TD approval and another guy isn't when he got TD approval. I say they're both fine but I don't have a tour bias.
    I'm sure Seth Feider has a problem with it. If you have to ask about the rule, you are wrong he claims.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    Sure doesn't seem to work that way when others play by the current rules and people here bash them. The hypocrisy you spout makes you look silly.
    Laughing at you
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    I'm sure Seth Feider has a problem with it. If you have to ask about the rule, you are wrong he claims.
    I wish more people had the respect for the rules like Feider does. Sad when people need to look for loopholes to gain an advantage over their friends.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    Kids don't have an appreciation for the history of BASS or the tournament format changes that happened over the years. If it didn't happen in their lifetime, it never happened, I guess.
    As I said, the whiny bastards never won an Elite series event. How is that wrong? Apparently you don't know shit about BASS and their history.

8. Member
    Randy is going to ruin bass fishing.

9. #FRB
    I changed my user title. Seems fitting because I do like to fish road beds.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Looks like he pulled it down - I saw it when I read the thread earlier, but now the video is gone.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I wish more people had the respect for the rules like Feider does. Sad when people need to look for loopholes to gain an advantage over their friends.
    1) Not everyone is your friend. Tournament day, during tournament hours, when it comes to catching fish, nobody is your friend.
    2) At THAT level, it's a living and not a hobby.
    3) What "loophole"? Just because something isn't legal or allowable in one place, and is in another, and a competitor seeks clarification on it, doesn't mean it's a loop hole. Some states have rod limits in terms of how many can be in use at one time. If in say a crappie tournament, you primarily fished an area such as say, Minnesota, (pre FFS when tight lining/spider rigging was king), where you can only with one rod if the water isn't frozen, and don't have specific tournament rules parallel with that, and then come down south and have a tournament, where multiple rods ARE legal, is it a loophole to use multiple rods even though it's illegal in some places and legal in others?
    4) Half of tournament fishing is finding SOMETHING that the rest of the field is over looking or hasn't found. This time, one of those things was a bite in the locks.

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Randy sure triggers a bunch around here. It’s comical watching some of y’all react to him.
    Could you imagine if he was a member here.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

I'm not familiar with the lock in question, but how many boats can fish in that lock at one time? Would the lockmaster allow all those who want to fish in it or would he have to determine that too many fishing boats in the lock is a hindrance to the normal flow of traffic through the lock? If he lets one boat in, doesn't he (lockmaster) have to let all in who want to fish in the lock?
    “Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching—even when doing the wrong thing is legal.” —Unknown

14. Member
    I'm sure Randy was contacted by B.A.S.S and reminded of this rule. They can and will not let him compete in any B.A.S.S event if they choose too and can ban him for life. Other tours have been known to do so for infractions far less serious. FLW and Jeff Coble (non sponsor hat on stage) come to mind.

"Public comments that an angler knows, or should reasonably know, will harm thereputation of B.A.S.S., B.A.S.S. officials or its sponsors."

15. Member
    Randy has officially retracted his statement and apologized for false accusation. Removed video.

16. Member
    Rule could easily be amended. No fishing in the lock. Done. Now everyone go back to playing nicely in the sandbox.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    Rule could easily be amended. No fishing in the lock. Done. Now everyone go back to playing nicely in the sandbox.
    Wouldn't surprise me to see that as a rule for next year. Would be pretty cool to be only 19 and already getting the rules changed
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by schmidte View Post
    I'm not familiar with the lock in question, but how many boats can fish in that lock at one time? Would the lockmaster allow all those who want to fish in it or would he have to determine that too many fishing boats in the lock is a hindrance to the normal flow of traffic through the lock? If he lets one boat in, doesn't he (lockmaster) have to let all in who want to fish in the lock?
    You should find a picture of the lock, you'd laugh after you saw it. They aren't for commercial traffic, they're tiny, might hold 6 bass boats.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Looks like he pulled it down - I saw it when I read the thread earlier, but now the video is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    Great idea! That should be the policy.

Anytime someone does something specific to win, that specific thing should be banned.

It will keep the competition pure and creative, as nobody can copy anyone that is successful.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast