Buzzbait durability question

Just wondering who makes the most durable buzzbait? Ive typically used the big bite baits buzzbait with the toad on the back in the 1/4 ounce size. Is there one out there that has a little more durable wire and frame that will hold up a little longer to 50# braid and a stiff rod.

2. Member
    Lure Concepts Handcrafted Baits have the best buzzbaits money can buy and great spinnerbaits as well. Find him on Facebook.

3. Member
    The light wire will squeal more than heavy wire. I break wires on mine once in awhile after 30-40 fish.

I'm with Dave...I throw what I throw because they make the right sound and work. For me, a War Eagle is usually my go-to. Yep, I break them from time to time. But it's worth it to toss one out when the wire starts moving around in the head to avoid sacrificing the perfect sound and my confidence in a bait I know will work.

One tip to help: Put a split ring over the line tie bend before you tie the bait on. It stops your knot from sliding down the arm, and stops the wire from opening up when you're fighting a fish. Makes a big difference in prolonging the life of both my spinnerbaits and buzzbaits without having to go to ones with twisted wire line-ties that tangle up and cut line.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

5. Member
    That a great tip Drew!

I've never heard of or thought of that...but will be giving it a try.

6. Member
    I like pouring painting and building my own I can build what I want I like alot of flare in my skirts add I always skirt trailers I also like building counter rotating blades baits.facebook_1714021192522_7189125943882049324.jpg
    Building and Fishing custom jigs
    Since 1977
    12.9 2006
    12.5 1998
    Favorite Lakes
    Eastman Lake
    Hensley Lake

7. Member
    Drew good tip about the split ring I also like using surgical tubing over the tip where you tie the line on also
    Building and Fishing custom jigs
    Since 1977
    12.9 2006
    12.5 1998
    Favorite Lakes
    Eastman Lake
    Hensley Lake

8. Member
    Good tip Drew...I braid tie the R-bend on essentially all of my spinnerbaits and buzzbaits before they hit the water. This is an effective way to extend the life of the wire form on the bait.