MK Riptide 101 not working now?

I have not used the trolling motor in over a year. I do remember it kind of squealed the last time I used and immediately shut it off and stopped using it. Well fast forward to now I bought a 36 V lithium and it will not do squat. I even hooked the battery straight to the head and nothing. It is around a 2006 model so not sure if she is just decided she had enough or is fixable. The head does click when you turn the handle but no spin the prop. Any suggestions before I take it in to the dealer? Thanks

2. Member
    Sounds a bit like water inside the motor. If it sat for a year with water in it the motor probably needs replacement. That is a long time to leave water inside. It sounds like your around 18 year old TM is retired. Does the red face mean it is the trolling motor that mistreated you?
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply boss man. The red face is me not having a trolling motor after I bought a new battery and it not working. I am gonna get it fixed and sell it. Just wasted money.

4. Member
    Unless you want to go with spotloc you can put a new 112 motor assembly and shaft(has to be replaced) for around $700. A new one is $1650 and an I-pilot stares around $2700 depending on which motor.