Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Settings to see your bait on live scope?

What are the ideal settings so that I see my bait on live scope.....Hearing guys can see a 1/16 ounce crappy jig 80 feet away clear as day when I can throw a half ounce jig 15 feet in front of my transducer and nothing is seen.... trying to get this thing dialed in

Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    What are the ideal settings so that I see my bait on live scope.....Hearing guys can see a 1/16 ounce crappy jig 80 feet away clear as day when I can throw a half ounce jig 15 feet in front of my transducer and nothing is seen.... trying to get this thing dialed in
    I'm having the same issues. Sometimes I can see my lure when it gets closer to the boat. But I sure can't throw it out there and see it sinking. I've watched so many videos & changed stuff to see if it helps & I get nothing.
    Darrall Dougherty

Quote Originally Posted by darrall View Post
    I'm having the same issues. Sometimes I can see my lure when it gets closer to the boat. But I sure can't throw it out there and see it sinking. I've watched so many videos & changed stuff to see if it helps & I get nothing.
    Me Too

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

I just installed Mega live with target lock a couple of weeks ago and have only had it on the water twice. The first time was in water that u could see a couple of feet down and the second time was after a lot of rain and visibility was only about 1’. The first time in the water I could see a 4” senko falling at about 30’ out but the second time I was lucky to see it 10’ in front of the boat. Both times I was able to see fish with no problems.
    Never do a wrong thing to make a friend or keep one.
    R.E.L

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro
    200 Mercury ProXS
    2x10’ Talons

5. Member
    Just a curious question. If you compress the screen, does it help?
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

6. Member
    I'm not sure about a smaller crappie jig like that but when throwing smaller hoover baits I tend to play with my gain to get sweet spot. I have mine set at 78 last trip and I was tossing weightless wacky into submerged trees and I could see my bait about 18-20ft then lose it. I would recommend watch Garmin Guru on You-Tube. He has great tutorials to dial your scope in for different conditions.
    2017 Ranger Z520C
    250 Evinrude ETec With Marks HP Prop
    4 Garmins 7610 xsv with Live Scope
    10 foot Power Poles
    Dobyns Rods

7. Member
    The beam is narrow I find myself turning the motor a very little once and a while to keep my bait in the beam. I’d recommend starting with a big bait to get used to it if you haven’t already.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

Turn color gain way up really helps. I run it 80% sometimes. I just started using moss green and think I like that

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Turn color gain way up really helps. I run it 80% sometimes. I just started using moss green and think I like that
    Always start with this. A guy also posted that Monster Crappie has some good videos also on how to better see your baits and functions to change during changing water conditions, but they all start with gain first.
    2017 Ranger Z520C
    250 Evinrude ETec With Marks HP Prop
    4 Garmins 7610 xsv with Live Scope
    10 foot Power Poles
    Dobyns Rods

10. Member
    I have found that turning the transducer angle to point forward more can help with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    I have found that turning the transducer angle to point forward more can help with this.
    Garmin Guru had a pretty interesting video on that...

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Agreed! I see my 1/16 oz out to 70 ft pretty easy.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Well Forward, transducer is on click up. Are you saying to got one click down from that as if it were in down mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Dadof4 View Post
    Always start with this. A guy also posted that Monster Crappie has some good videos also on how to better see your baits and functions to change during changing water conditions, but they all start with gain first.
    Color gain, not gain.

15. Member
    Same problem, i watched the Crappie Monster video and went by all his setting, still got the same problem. I can't see the bait until it gets by my target, that's my problem. I bet i made a thousand cast yesterday at one brush pile, the bait would come up after i was well beyond my brush pile.

16. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    This ^^^. I move the xdcr up one click above the recommended position and find it helps a lot. You may lose a bit of the angle behind the xdcr but you're not fishing back there. Still plenty of down view if the fish are under the boat. Also start with the higher color gain as suggested and ensure your xdcr is pointed where you think it is. Even a couple of degrees off at the mount can be many degrees off at target distance from what you think.

17. Member
    I crappie fish all the time, These are my settings. I have no trouble seeing 1/16th jig as far as i can throw it.
    Backlight 100 percent
    gain 70p. +r-
    noise reject off
    TGV off
    install depth 1.5 to 2.0
    AHRS on
    focus auto fresh or 140
    overlay data hide
    orentation foward
    color amber
    color limit 19 per.
    color gain 85 +
    trails off
    bottom fill off
    34 transducer 1 click up

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    I crappie fish all the time, These are my settings. I have no trouble seeing 1/16th jig as far as i can throw it.
    Backlight 100 percent
    gain 70p. +r-
    noise reject off
    TGV off
    install depth 1.5 to 2.0
    AHRS on
    focus auto fresh or 140
    overlay data hide
    orentation foward
    color amber
    color limit 19 per.
    color gain 85 +
    trails off
    bottom fill off
    34 transducer 1 click up
    That's real close to my settings, except noise reject on low. I don't have any trouble seeing a crappie jig at 40 feet.

19. Member
    Main thing is it has got to be in the beam. It's easy to miss, as the beam is narrow. If it is appearing in the beam later in the retreive, chances are you are casting outside of the beam to begin with. Experiment a bit with multiple cast to where you think the beam is, them move right and left. When you find it, you may have to index your transducer a bit to match the pointer you are looking at.

If you gain is above 50 and your bait is in the beam, it will show it.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

20. Member
    Yall think the one click up is because of trolling motor angle? Just talking here but I know on some boats the motor shaft is tilted back.
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Hp Optimax OT862351

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast