Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    When did Christie call FFS the devil?
    A podcaster complaining about internet drama. Go figure?

2. Member
    I watch quite a bit of JC, he has never complained about FFS. You are thinking of someone else, JC helped to promote the Yum Forward Facing Minnow, one of the first to do that. Not sure why it’s so hard to get facts straight.
    Last edited by Bass in the grass; 04-15-2024 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    A podcaster complaining about internet drama. Go figure?

Christie doesn't complain about much, owns it when he struggles and is connected pretty strongly with Garmin sobI seriously have my doubts that Christie made a comment like that.

People keep trying to say Swindle is against FFS as well but he really talked stupid yesterday when he was doing commentary. He was giving some great insight on it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewM-Fishing View Post
    I know my opinion is inconsequential and I'm just some no name club level dude up in Canada but I'm really starting to lose respect for some of the "old guard". Most of them have been making youtube videos for sponsors or their own media for years about how to fish, what to fish, what adjustments to make, bass U, etc... They've contributed to shortening the learning curve and then turn around and start crying about younger guys haven't put in the seat time. Grow the sport they said, get youth involved they said, watch my videos to get better at fishing they said, but don't get better than me or I'll be upset. JC wins a classic and thanks Garmin and livescope for helping with the win, 2 years later calls ffs the devil, Ike promoting Active Target since it came out, then makes a couple posts refering to it as "not real fishing". Cry baby hipocrites is what some of the old guard in turning into.
    Great post. Nobody "has to put in their time". Just as with other sports, some people are just good, even without a lot of practice. With the new Elite qualification through the Opens, anyone who qualifies has more than proven their worth, regardless of age or time on the water.

5. Member
    They call themselves elite but anyone can win a tournament. They are just fish people who fish.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewM-Fishing View Post
    I know my opinion is inconsequential and I'm just some no name club level dude up in Canada but I'm really starting to lose respect for some of the "old guard". Most of them have been making youtube videos for sponsors or their own media for years about how to fish, what to fish, what adjustments to make, bass U, etc... They've contributed to shortening the learning curve and then turn around and start crying about younger guys haven't put in the seat time. Grow the sport they said, get youth involved they said, watch my videos to get better at fishing they said, but don't get better than me or I'll be upset. JC wins a classic and thanks Garmin and livescope for helping with the win, 2 years later calls ffs the devil, Ike promoting Active Target since it came out, then makes a couple posts refering to it as "not real fishing". Cry baby hipocrites is what some of the old guard in turning into.
    that about sums it up perfectly

7. Member
    I'll admit, I can't listen to McKinney on the live mix. Too cringy for me. But if he was doing something against the rules of the tourney, he'd have been DQd 3 days ago lol.
    2017 18trx, 200 proxs serial 2B401503

Quote Originally Posted by beagledogxxx View Post
    I'll admit, I can't listen to McKinney on the live mix. Too cringy for me. But if he was doing something against the rules of the tourney, he'd have been DQd 3 days ago lol.

He is shutting up the naysayers that say he can only catch them with FFS. He's been "just fishing" quite a bit in this one.

9. Member
    Trying to keep up with the elites has become like watching the Housewives of NJ.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    Trying to keep up with the elites has become like watching the Housewives of NJ.

Never watched it, but I assume the old ladies are jealous of the newer younger ladies.

You would think if anyone knew you could fish in the locks in FL, Drew Benton would be one of them.

12. Member
    Can I add, that during the “great split” a whole pile of guys got free tickets to the elites, and a bunch fringe old guys got to stick around due to the vacuum of talent leaving one org and going to the other.

Meanwhile the young guns like cooper gallant are going to absolute war in the opens, needing to essentially be consistently finishing top 25 in a group of 200 boats, and needing to also mix in a win to even get a chance at qualifying, and we’re supposed to be shocked that these guys are better anglers?
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

13. Member
    Time for the Bassmaster Senior Tour, only one old Lowrance X-15 at the console, no GPS, 18' boats with 150's, and MK Fortrex on the front. Let them use nets so they don't risk falling out of the boat landing a fish.

Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    You would think if anyone knew you could fish in the locks in FL, Drew Benton would be one of them.
    You would think....

Most of the time there are multiple boats in a lock, so it really doesnt make sense. Some locks dont allow fishing in them. I suppose nobody has taken the time to ask the questions.

Ive fished plenty of tournaments with locks, we always fish outside of them. Those locks Ive been around didnt allow fishing in them. It was real simple. Signs posted. No fishing in the locks.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Time for the Bassmaster Senior Tour, only one old Lowrance X-15 at the console, no GPS, 18' boats with 150's, and MK Fortrex on the front. Let them use nets so they don't risk falling out of the boat landing a fish.
    Dave

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    A senior/no scoping tour would be pretty sweet. Keep the BPT open for all techniques(a-rigs) and electronics. And have a more traditional tour-or at least a few tournaments for a trial run.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman14 View Post
    A senior/no scoping tour would be pretty sweet. Keep the BPT open for all techniques(a-rigs) and electronics. And have a more traditional tour-or at least a few tournaments for a trial run.
    They just had one and could only get 40 something people to sign up.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    They just had one and could only get 40 something people to sign up.
    and non of the biggest complainers signed up….
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    and non of the biggest complainers signed up….
    because they didn't want to still lose to the same people as before, with no excuse.

20. Member
    File an official complaint, dont air your frustration on social media.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast