Reel for Striper

Which reel for throwing heavier baits for Striper?Presently using higher speed Metanium. Also an older Citica
    I re-read this post and it is so very vague. Sorry! When I fish for Striper its usually fairly shallow around concrete pilings in 50-60 ft. water.
    so being close to concrete pilings you kinda have to horse them away from the concrete. The reels I have are Shimano Metanium XE,Steez 103HA,Citica 200D ,Daiwa Zillion SVTW G
    Curado 200 DPV, SteezEX 100 and a ShimanoSLX 150 XG.
    I am 85 years old and really don't want to buy another reel. Plus I shouldn't worry about a reel wearing out because I am sure about any and all of them will outlast me. Thanks for reading my ramble.
    Last edited by lperry; 04-14-2024 at 09:07 PM. Reason: add to original post

300 Curado?
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

Here is one that's slightly bigger than you typical low profile with a 30# drag. I bought one last year to cast for Muskie, but haven't got to use it yet.

Abu Garcia Revo® Beast Low Profile Baitcast Reel | Abu Garcia® – Abu Garcia® Fishing
    Lowe Tahiti Deck Boat- Fish, Ski, Lounge- Rain or Shine

4. Member
    On your list of reels, the Curado 200DPV is best suited for your requirements and for line capacity. I would recommend upgrading the drag with Smooth drag carbontex. A longer handle for helping to create easier cranking torque would also be helpful.

Also, what are you running for line? Sounds like you might need to employ some techs from the SW guys that fish for taugs from offshore wrecks.
    Last edited by dragon1; 04-15-2024 at 06:41 AM.

I use a Abu 6600c4 For Years and Zero Issues...

6. Member
    FWIW, the poster stated he is 85 years old and would prefer not to purchase another reel.

I think the Curado you mentioned might be your best option. I have zero knowledge of fishing for stripers, but that would be my choice.