Question Does everyone bring their boat to Florida to re-power? Midwest stocking dealers?

Hi guys,
    I would like to re-power with a 115 or 140 zuke and trying to find a stocking dealer who advertises competitive pricing in the Midwest is like looking for hens teeth. If I have to bring the boat down to New Smyrna Beach I will but if I could find a dealer closer to northern Illinois I would be happy to give my business to somebody more local. Has anyone had any luck sourcing in stock motors in the Midwest area?

Thank you for any help.
    Chris

2. Member
    It's not the Mid-west or Illinois, but Clark Marine stocks and sells Suzuki. They are in Franklin,Tn. Trent is a board member here, and works for Clark. Wash-N-Lures is his member name. He contacted me through the BBC when I was looking at repowering my boat a while back. Hope this helps.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

3. Member
    Try Bunch Marine in Tn.

4. Member
    Thanks guy's!

Tennessee is certainly closer than Florida for me in Northwest Illinois. It seems strange in my area, Quad Cities, there are no Suzuki or Yamaha stocking dealers anywhere close. The dealer search function on Suzuki N/A website shows a full line dealer a few miles from my house. The guy works on boats, side x sides, golf carts, etc., Nothing regarding Suzuki on his website and he works out of a building next to his house. I'm sure he doesn't inventory motors. And the big volume dealers are of course in Florida for most brands. The difference between retail to sales pricing on the Suzuki's are huge in Florida. I will give the recommended dealers a call.

5. Member
    Starboard Choice Marine in Edwardsburg, MI.

6. Member
    Thanks again guy's. I have started to make phone calls in an attempt to get something bought. Unfortunately I was ignorant to the fact the sales price for an outboard is only part of the price. The controls that are needed for the motors are also thousands of dollars. When your looking at a 10 to 12 thousand dollar outboard you also need to figure around 3 thousand for controls and installation. I would guess guy's who buy motors all the time plan on that additional expense. I had thought for the price of these motors they would come with basic control setups included, which is all I need. Not so much unfortunately.

7. Member
    Why do you want a Suzuki? I would go with a Yamaha SHO or even a Mercury 4 stroke before a Suzuki.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Why do you want a Suzuki? I would go with a Yamaha SHO or even a Mercury 4 stroke before a Suzuki.
    If going 115 I’d buy a Suzuki for sure. I have a new 140 and my guess is the 115 SS is the exact same motor, maybe detuned and maybe not. All specs are the same. My motor is whisper quiet at idle and sips gas. 5 year warranty and the 115SS with the flat black and black lettering is one of the coolest looking motors I’ve ever seen in person.

9. Member
    Millers In Lanark is a Suzuki Dealer. No idea what he stocks but most of the boats he sells have Suzuki and he has done a lot of repowers to Suzuki. Not far from Quad cities. Very good service department. Runs Suzuki on all his personal boats.

https://www.millerssport.com/

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen O View Post
    If going 115 I’d buy a Suzuki for sure. I have a new 140 and my guess is the 115 SS is the exact same motor, maybe detuned and maybe not. All specs are the same. My motor is whisper quiet at idle and sips gas. 5 year warranty and the 115SS with the flat black and black lettering is one of the coolest looking motors I’ve ever seen in person.
    They are slow though compared to Yamaha and Mercury.

11. Member
    My dad repowered with a 115 Suzuki on his 175 VS Ranger in 2020. It’s definitely slower than the 125 Mercury he used to have but it runs flawlessly, is quiet, and sips gas. Hull shot isn’t amazing but it isn’t problematic by any means. I would highly recommend a Suzuki if speed isn’t a factor in your decision. If it is, you may be disappointed.